7:15 Registration And Coffee
8:05 Chairperson’s Opening Remarks
8:15 KEYNOTE: Customer Relationship Management: A Concept That Was Developed But Never Delivered
The real meaning of CRM. Hint: It’s not technology. This session will discuss the “real meaning of CRM and what it means to your revenue line versus the expense of direct labor. We will also explore how understanding your customers’ culture and environment is key to determining their current and future needs (the foundation to developing a customer relationship). Other topics will include the true cost of off-shoring, causes of poor customer satisfaction and retention. Discussion will also include recent results from CCA client engagement’s using a unique workforce strategy, Cloud/SaaS technology and other steps on how to refine your contact center to develop a positive relationship with your customers which will result in increased revenues.
Contact Centers of America
9:00 KEYNOTE: How Customer Service Is Leading The Way In Social Media
Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and many other social media websites are changing the
world of CRM. What started as a simple idea at Comcast– talking to customers in real time on
Twitter – has become well known as an innovative use of social media for Customer Service.
Taking the approach of asking “Can we help” has created new communication channels for
Customers and an improved Customer experience. The work of our distinguished speaker was
recognized by ABC News, New York Times, Business Week,
and many media forums. This real life case study will share
best practices for interacting with customers online.
Senior Director of National Customer Operations
9:45 Morning Networking Break And Vendor Showcase
10:30 PANEL DISCUSSION: Call Center Excellence Awards Panel
What does it take to be an award-winning contact center? The 2010 winners will address
key business initiatives including: creating a customer-centric culture that inspires excellence,
positioning the call center is a key enabler of growth and profit, realizing the profitability of
connecting the customer and employee experience, leveraging technology for efficiency and
automation, and putting the Voice of the Customer to Work for process and product
innovation. To find out how you can enter a submission and receive recognition, visit
Concurrent sessions begin. Choose Track A, B or C
Track A: Talent Management and Employee Engagement
Track B: Tools and Technology for Efficiency and Automation Chairperson: Michelle Craft, VP Marketing, CallMiner
Track C: Performance Measurement, Strategy, Process Improvement and VOC Chairperson: Barry Maners, Managing Director, The Fraser Group
11:20 Creating A Customer Culture Through Communication
With the strong backing of executives, the next key step in creating a customer focused culture is closing the feedback loop. This presentation will talk about:
- How the culture can indicate preparedness for creating a customer-centric culture that inspires excellence
- Role of executives in promoting steps for a customer focused culture
- The importance of transparency -strengthen understanding with customers and create value for employees
- Our path toward further enhancing the communicationchallenges and opportunities
Find out about how to use your executives, promote transparency, and drive actions.
Stephen H. Arnold
Director, Voice of the Customer
CUNA Mutual Group
David B. Polet
Program Manager, Voice of Customer
CUNA Mutual Group
11:20 Partnership Strategies: Overcoming The Issues That Arise With Outsourcing
Find out how to navigate through some of the challenges that may arise with outsourcing by fostering a collaborative relationship. You will hear solutions to the following common stumbling blocks:
- Evaluating and selecting vendors
- Staffing and scheduling challenges
- Breakdown between customer issues and management
- Quality control
- Cultural and/or language differences
Walk away with an understanding that successful outsourcing is about involvement and not just cost reduction.
The Outsourcing Institute
Vice President of Operations
Chase Student Loans
Darren C. Lyons
Director of Outsourcing Customer Experience
Senior Vice President
11:20 Making The Call Center A Key Contributor To Hyundai’s Corporate Success
Hyundai has taken market share from key competitors and significantly improved customer satisfaction metrics. Part of the success of the strategy is to enhance the service delivery process from dealer and web to contact center. This presentation will outline the strategy and tactics used to achieve improvement as well as lessons learned, including:
- Five myths highlighted in John Goodman’s book, Strategic Customer Service, that many executives believe about what leads to call center effectiveness
- Partnering with Finance, Marketing and Sales to get the necessary support for an effective call center and measure the ROI of those resources
- Making the call center a real time Voice of the Customer, producing actionable information, and
- Selecting the right tools and metrics to assure both inhouse and outsourced center success
All attendees will receive a free copy of Goodman’s book and Goodman will do a book signing after the session.
National Manager, Consumer Affairs
Hyundai Motor America
Director Service Operations
Hyundai Motor America
12:10 Networking Luncheon
Private Luncheon sponsored by SAP
1:10 Extreme Customer Service: Satisfying Demanding Customers
Do you ever struggle with demanding customers? Is it ever challenging for your reps to either relate or show empathy to customers? Who “owns” the customer experience at your company? Citation Air is a private jet travel company whose clients are extremely high net worth individuals who sign pricey yearly contracts (minimum $100,000). They are often celebrities or athletes who are accustomed to getting what they want – when they want it. Find out how to apply extreme customer service and retention strategies to your business!
- Empowering reps to use their resources to creatively “blow your customers hair back”
- Developing strategies for dealing with extremely demanding and sometimes aggressive customers
- Making your customers feel that they need you
- Keeping reps motivated, inspired and engaged with customers
This session will include a case study of how CitationAir successfully engaged all employees – customer service, dispatchers, schedulers, pilots and technical people – to “take ownership” of the customer experience.
Senior Vice President, Product Delivery
1:10 SUCCESS! Leveraging Automated Cross-Channel Customer Interaction Management Solutions For A Consistent, Empowering Customer Experience
This client case study will demonstrate how automated multichannel customer interaction management solutions can positively supplement current customer contact strategies.
- Deploy a seamless cross-channel communications strategy for a consistent customer experience
- Realize significant cost savings and efficiencies from automated self-service solutions
- Turn more customer interactions into profitable transactions
Find out how to realize significant cost savings, increase customer satisfaction, and ultimately secure longer lasting profitable customer relationships by intelligently steering your customer communication strategies based on customer preferences.
CSG Interactive MessagingInc.
Senior Manager, Care Performance and Technology Wild
Blue Communications Inc.
1:10 Revamping And Relaunching Customer Service In A Social Media World
Social media is constantly evolving. Customers are finding new ways to use Facebook, Twitter and social media on a daily basis. Find out how MyPublisher, a leader in photobooks, cards and calendars has been taking advantage of viral marketing opportunities to better service their customers.
- Designing the customer service experience around the customer’s needs
- Creating opportunities for accelerating customer velocity rates by simply being “real”
- Becoming a true partner with marketing team and integrating customer care into marketing strategies
- Encouraging customers to communication with you - Feedback is a Gift!
- Creating metrics, service levels and dashboards to measure the right components of the business and the customer experience
- Leveraging Facebook as a mechanism for customers to act as ambassadors for your product or service
Department Head- Customer Service Operations
2:00 Best Practices For Hiring And Retaining Agents
Don’t miss this session by a four time Call Center Week delegate with some of the lowest turnover rates in the Industry! Pre-hiring strategies
- Defining key expectations for matrix hiring
- Competency and behavioral based assessment Recruitment methods
- Leveraging Facebook and social media
- Value of employee referrals Onboarding talent
- Creating an orientation process for buying into the company culture/vision
- Feedback and employee satisfaction
Walk away with a roadmap for retaining agents when we’re on the bubble of new job creation.
Kelley Ann Carson
Director of Customer Services
2:00 Leveraging Customer Satisfaction As A Key Differentiator For Growth
Cbeyond is a leading business phone service (VoIP), broadband Internet, mobile voice and data, and IT application service provider built exclusively to serve the communication needs of small businesses operating in13 cities with major expansion goals. While providing excellent products at a competitive price, best in class customer support is the real differentiating factor in Cbeyond's capability to sell and retain customers. The company is the industry frontrunner when it comes to the managed service business with a Net Promoter Score above 40% and monthly controllable Customer Churn of less than 0.5%. Find out the company is positioning customer satisfaction and support as a unique retention proposition by:
- Engaging in proactive monitoring of network and services
- Focusing quality assurance on process improvement
- Designing six sigma to improve mean time to repair
- Translating the VOC into policy and process improvement
- Employing tools for scanning and replying to customer comments in social media, including MySpace, Twitter and Facebook
Gain take home tools and techniques to leverage your contact center as a key retention organization with the customer experience as your focal point!
VP of Customer Service Operations
2:00 Transitioning From Cost Center To Profit Center
Bluegreen is a leader in vacation ownership resort and residential real estate business with 3,100 employees and over 208,000 owners. Hear the "Cinderella Story" about how the company doubled revenue from '08 to '09 with projections for doubling again from '09 to '10 despite challenging economic conditions. Discover how the company is developing new revenue channels, upselling and launching social media initiatives.
- Enhancing the product for a better experience
- Marketing extra inventory through social media and viral marketing
- Developing operational efficiencies with call reporting
Senior Vice President, Club Services
Vice President, Club Services
2:50 Afternoon Networking Break & Vendor Showcase
3:20 KEYNOTE: Driving Consumer Engagement Through All Customer
Find out how CVS Caremark is building a consumer engagement platform to help coordinate
the customer experience across all touchpoints, including: retail, call center, web, IVR, mailed
letter and outbound calls. Early indicators are demonstrating that this approach results in
high customer satisfaction. We’ll hear about the company’s approach to implementing this
platform and will learn strategies for:
- Leveraging consumer engagement to support your brand
- Maintaining a consistent experience across channels
- Offering specialized opportunities for callers based on their greatest need
Vice President Customer Care
4:05 CLOSING KEYNOTE: Putting The VOC To Work – Improving Processes That
Promote Customer Engagement And Drive Bottom Line Results
Customer feedback is a strategic and critical measurement of service delivery. Find out how
New York Life utilizes the following six Quality Measurement Tools in order to improve
processes that promote customer engagement while driving bottom line results.
- Internal Quality Monitoring Program to measure customer feedback
- Voice of the Customer (VOTC) Program
- Industry Benchmarking
- Annual client-driven Customer Satisfaction Surveys
- Automated After Call Satisfaction Surveys
- Speech analytics
Discover how New York Life captures customer feedback through multiple channels and
routinely incorporates customer feedback into business practices. Find out how to
continuously build customer loyalty while positively reducing unnecessary expense.
Darrell N. Robertson
New York Life
4:45 Main Conference Concludes