Over 20+ expert speakers from internationally renowned companies including:
- Petter Westnes, IP Manager, Laerdal
- Andrew Watson, Founder & CEO, ipVA
- Yann Dietrich, VP Intellectual Property, Schneider Electric
- Frédéric Caillaud, Licensing and Business Development International Director, L’Oreal
- Charles Clark, Global Head of IP, Edwards
- Tomas Lundquist, Partner, European Patent Attorney, Awapatent AB
- Nanna Louise Linde, Legal Director, Microsoft
- Stéphane HEDARCHET , Senior IP Counsel
Europe, Middle-East, Africa
, GE Healthcare
- Duncan Park, Leading Counsel Intellectual Property, Statoil
- Mia Williams, Innovation Counsel, Coca-cola
- Matthias Schneider, Director Patent Licensing, Nokia
- Ming Deng, Patent Attorney, China Patent Agent
- Timothy J May, Partner, Finnegan LLP
- EPO, Senior representative
- Goran Calas, Managing IP, SAAB
- W.I.P.O, Senior representative
- Alistair Scott, Head of IP, Airbus
- Rob Aerts, Principal Patent Attorney, Abbott Healthcare Products B.V
- Arian Duijvestijn, Senior Vice President, ,Philips
- Evaluserve, Representative to be confirmed
Representative to be confirmed
- Ylva Skoglösa, Ph.D, European Patent Attorney, Authorised Patent Attorney (SE), Valea AB
- Martina Stüven, Ph.D,European Patent Attorney , Authorised Swiss Patent Attorney,
Institut Straumann AG
- Patrice Durand, Chief Executive Officer, European Patent Attorney
- Jean-Marc Brunel, Head of Intellectual Property, Snecma
- Heli Pihlajamaa, Director,
Directorate Patent Law,
European Patent Office
Head of Intellectual Property
For 2 years now, Jean-Marc has been leading the Snecma Intellectual Property Organization.
This organization helps Snecma transforming its innovations into Intellectual Property Rights to achieve control of its markets and keep pace with the competition
The 300 patent applications filed every year and the 10 000 patents/pending in portfolio make it one of the top French filers and materialize the high level of investment in R&T, the innovation mindset of its employees and its willingness to fully use IP instruments.
Before having this current position, Jean-Marc has gained a 20 year-Intellectual Property-experience by Airbus, both in France and Germany, as Head of Patent Operations. Jean-Marc is French, gratuated Engineer in Electrics, post-graduated in Innovation Management and Patent Litigation in Europe and French and European Patent Attorney. He is also a recognized lecturer in some MBAs and Executives programs.
One of the world's leading manufacturers of aircraft and rocket engines, Snecma designs, develops, produces and markets, alone or in partnership, engines for civil and military airplanes, launch vehicles and satellites. Snecma is well known worldwide for its excellence in the manufacture of aircraft and rocket engines. And our expertise extends beyond just making them. Snecma offers a complete range of maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services for both civil and military aircraft engines, used by airlines, armed forces and other operators.
Snecma benefits also from the synergies generated by SAFRAN, leading international high-technology group with three core businesses: aerospace, defense and security. Operating worldwide, the Group has 54,500 employees and annual sales exceeding 10 billion euros.
Chief Executive Officer
Valipat, European Patent Attorney
Patrice graduated as an engineer in 2002 from the French Engineering school Ecole Centrale de Paris.
He joined Cabinet Bloch (now GEVERS France) in 2003 where he became CEIPI graduate in 2005, French and European Patent Attorney in 2006 and Partner in 2008.
Patrice has been involved in many European patents prosecutions and/or opposition procedures. He has written many opinion briefs and has specialized in litigation in France and abroad.
In 2010, Patrice was made the CEO of GEVERS Validations, the branch of GEVERS created in 2008 by Jacques GEVERS and that deals with the validations of European Patents, in particular through its web interface Valipat® (www.valipat.com).
He manages a team of more than 20 people and supports the development of the activities of the Firm, which has increased its turnover by three between 2009 and 2010.
Patrice is tutor for the epi/CEIPI training program for European Patent Attorneys trainees. He is also a lecturer at the Ecole Centrale de Paris.
Partner, European Patent Attorney
Post doctoral research at University of Sussex 1994-1995 and Post doctoral research at Stockholm University 1995-1997.
Patent Attorney Astra AB 1997-2000
Patent Attorney Karo Bio AB 2000-2002
Patent Attorney AstraZeneca AB 2002-2009
PhD degree in Neurobiology, Stockholm University, 1993
Tomas drafts and prosecutes patent applications worldwide, and is often involved in conducting infringement and validity investigations and freedom-to-operate analyses. He has been responsible for major due diligence analyses in inlicensing and outlicensing situations and has also built up expertise in the procedures for SPCs (supplementary protection certificates) for pharmaceuticals in Sweden. He has also provided strategic patent advice to several research projects with the pharmaceutical industry for many years.
Areas of specialist expertise include all types of patent work within the pharmaceutical industry encompassing medicinal organic chemistry, biologics, including therapeutic monoclonal antibodies, biotechnology research tools, processes and formulations.
Tomas has also been appointed Technical Expert for the Swedish Patent Courts of first and second instance for the period 2007-2009 by the Swedish Government.