Download Past Attendee Snapshots
The Diversification of Social Media: A Cultural Metamorphosis (L. Kyzer)
#DefenseInsider Chris Archer, Online Editor at IDGA (The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement) speaks exclusively with Linda Kyzer, Social Media Strategist, Editor of ClearanceJobs.com and owner of Lindy Kyzer Communications. This interview explores how social media is being used currently within the military as a central communication medium. Download the interview here.
Beyond the Social Media Handbook: How the Army is Thriving on Social Media
#DefenseInsider Chris Archer, Online Editor at IDGA (The Institute for Defense and Government Advancement) speaks exclusively with Major Juanita Chang, Director of the Social Media Division, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs, DoD. This interview goes beyond the Army’s Social Media Handbook and explores the important of having a strategic and purposeful social media strategy. We also investigate how each social media channel is performing. Read the interview here.
Defense Insider with Lindy Kyzer, Social Media Strategist
- How are you using social media currently – how is this different to the last few years?
- Do you think the expectation of social media users is changing in terms of how active they expect organizations (including the military) to be?
- Push vs. Pull – are you getting better? Give examples. Has your strategy on social media changed year on year? How so?
- Tell me about what your current messaging is on social media – how’s it performing?
- A the conference you’ll be talking about ‘The Cultural Change Created by Social Media’ – tell us a bit about what you mean here and some of the main points.
Defense Insider with Major Juanita Chang, Director of the Social Media Division, US Army
- Social media must be strategic, purposeful and professional - how do you determine the tone and the volume of your messaging?
- What would you identify as the greatest challenges of social media within the Army since the program was established till now?
- How are you meeting these challenges? Are the social media guidelines enough?
- Explore the range of social media tools the army is using to communicate online - how are they performing?
- Do different social media sites serve a different purpose? How so? How do you measure the success of your activities on social media?
Part 1: Creating a social media strategy
Part 2: Tips for Facebook, Twitter, & LinkedIn
Part 3: Nurturing your online community
Using Social Media to Communicate