FSM Utilities Day One: Tuesday 27 March 2012
8:30 Conference Registration and Arrival Coffee
9:00 Opening Address from Conference Chair
Improving Field Force Automation with Suitable
and Emerging Technologies
9:10 Outlining why Looking for a Single Workforce Mobility (WFM)
Solution Doesn’t Work!
- Evaluating Information Management across organisations
- Assessing Workforce Management Solutions
- Complimentary Solutions
- Understanding and getting the benefits
Operations Manager Project & Works Management
9.50 Outlining Key Imperatives for Successful Industrial Mobility Solutions
- How does the solution integrate into our organizational strategies?
- Who are the key beneficiaries/stake-holders?
- What is the “change management” impact?
- What is the ROI?
- Is the solution seamlessly integrated into my legacy system?
- Am I expected to change/replace my Legacy systems?
- What are the post-deployment considerations and support effectiveness?
Mobility Solutions Strategist and CEO
10:10 Morning Tea and Networking
11:00 Latest Field Technology Trends in Field Service
Steve Jobs reset end-user and management expectation on what a mobile app should be -
combined with an explosion of device options, continued pressure to outsourcing and demands
on speed of deployment the need for a corporate mobile strategy is apparent.
Using Australian company examples, Mary will debate emerging technology options.
Chief Executive Officer
11:30 Achieving Data Quality Improvements in a SMART Way
- Picking the best solution for right type of the work in the field via mobility
- Easiest for the Business is not necessarily easiest for IT - the saga must end!
- Are people really "evil" or is "change management" ineffective? If the project is fantastic and change is good then why did my project fail? Leave no rational challenge or arguments?
- We can be our worst enemies. Make everyone part of the solution NOT the problem!
Project Leader, THESL IT & SM, Security & Enterprise Architecture
TORONTO HYDRO (CANADA)
12.10 The Changing Face of Mobility
Mobility is not just about connecting the mobile worker to the back-office, Mobility is about people. It can connect mobile workers to each other, it can connect them to their back-office colleagues, to subcontractors, and most importantly – to customers.
Director ANZ & SEA
12:30 Lunch and Networking
1:40 Tackling FSM Mobility with the Right Solution, Tools, and Strategy
Mobility is changing field service for the better but knowing what
mobile apps to build and who to build them for isn’t easy. It means
building a strategy, asking the right questions, and knowing what to
do with the answers.
- The importance of a mobile strategy
- Asking the right questions, building the right apps
- Choosing the right development tools
Independent Enterprise Mobility Analyst and Consultant (US)
2:30 Effective Dispatching - a Vital Part of Successful FSM Strategies
Mobility is not just about devices for your field staff. During its
recent AMS upgrade Gippsland Water found that the processes
used by the Dispatch Desk played a major role in the total picture.
- Customer call to reinstatement - how Gippsland Water process operational requests
- Catch points in the process - identifying opportunities for improvement
- Dispatch dashboard - an easy front end for work management
- Lap top, tough book or Trimble - matching the field devise to the task
- Roll out and the way forward
3:10 Afternoon Tea and Networking
3:50 Implementation of Mobile Work Management Systems to Satisfy Business Requirements
- Challenges and benefits with development of mobile schedule and dispatch systems
- Key considerations and strategies
- Development of supporting systems
- Collaboration with stakeholders
- Implementation and transition
Manager, Network Operations, Infrastructure Services Division
4:30 Mastering Water Management in a Volatile Environment
with Field Service Mobility
- Responding to new service requirements from a new generation of environmentally orientated customers
- Bringing 21st century technology and standards to bear on assets designed, built and operated under technologies developed early last century
- Upgrading infrastructure and introducing new technologies to optimise water efficiency and meet evolving community standards
General Manager, Commercial Business
NSW STATE WATER CORPORATION
5:10 Closing Remarks from the Conference Chair
5:15 FSM 2012 DRINKS RECEPTION
6:15 Workshop A: Field Service Management 101