Workshops: Wednesday, 10th September, 2008
Please click on the links below to learn more:
- Workshop A: Accelerate your early phase HR progression: A-Z of Shared Services and Outsourcing set up
- Workshop B: Tailoring HR technology to fit your business needs: Evaluating e-HR to enhance your function
- Workshop C: Overcoming customer resistance and retaining top performers within a Shared Service HR model
08:30 – 11:00 Workshop A: Accelerate your early phase HR progression: A-Z of Shared Services and Outsourcing set up
Moving into the first phase of HR outsourcing or Shared Services? This implementation master class will give you insight into everything you
need to know when embarking on an HR transformation project.
Attend this session and gain the knowledge to:
- Take the first steps to delivery from a SS or outsourced model: How is a Shared Service Centre structured?
- Deliver grade A recruitment strategy
- Decide between vanilla or customised technology: Balance the benefits of each
- Gain buy-in and overcome customer resistance by establishing improved ongoing communication
- Cater for role progression in a SSC: Addressing career management
- Explore outsourcing and offshoring possibilities: How to combat issues surrounding differing legislation
- Assess the complexity and variety of outsourcing deals: Examining multi-tower arrangements
- Maintain momentum: Measure and sustain added value from HR outsourcing for the life cycle of the contract. What are the challenges? How do you create an optimum relationship?
HR Migration Leader
Paulo has over a decade of experience in HR. Holding an academy degree in Organisation Psychology, he spent 12 years with a major Portuguese Electricity
company after which moving to Solvay where he has now been for over 2 years. From Solvay’s SSC hub in Portugal. Paulo is responsible for the entire payroll
team which serve 11 European countries.
11:30 – 14:30 Workshop B: Tailoring HR technology to fit your business needs: Evaluating e-HR to enhance your function
More often than not, technology designated to act as an enabler can result in lengthy instalment, training and ultimately loss
of time and money. This workshop will address the key elements involved in transforming HR, underpinned by e-HR. It will
provide you with the knowledge and tools to quantify the costs, potential benefits and return on investment associated with HR
Transformation in any organisation. Furthermore, it will provide valuable insights into successful implementation approaches for the
people, technology and process elements of transformation.
You will leave armed and ready to:
- Get started: Three mindsets (systems, process consulting and project management)
- Devise a case for change
- Get to grips with process, technology and benefits • Understand your structure, culture and capability
- Examine your stakeholder engagement and programme management • Take stock and move forward
Martin Reddington is an independent consultant and a Visiting Fellow at Roffey Park Management Institute and the University of Glasgow Business School.
A former HR Transformation Programme Director at Cable & Wireless, Martin has recently written several books on HR, including ‘Technology, Outsourcing
and Transforming HR’ published in 2008
15:00 – 17:30 Workshop C: Overcoming customer resistance and retaining top performers within a Shared Service HR model
Customers sometimes seek critical processes to be moved back into their main business unit in fear of losing control. This means continuous
pressure on the HR function to deliver on quality and cost effectiveness. This workshop will reveal the approach that Serco take to overcome
customer resistance and retain top performers.
You will learn how to:
- Overcome customer resistance
- Secure buy in: Maintain control of key processes
- How to instil a feeling of control in customers
- Effectively sell SS by illustrating the benefits of career opportunity
- Retain top performers by establishing a clear career progression path
- Develop talent in house
- Ensure that HR Transformation is not the end of the career path for HR professionals
Group HR Director
Linda Kennedy is currently HR Director with Serco, where she has worked since June 2007. Previously Linda has been Group HR Director in the support
services sector, working internationally with Williams Lea and the Brambles Group. Prior to becoming a Group HR Director, Linda was Head of Resourcing
and Development for companies such as Amey and BHP Billiton. A linguist by background, Linda speaks French, German and Spanish and has worked in
Australia, South Africa, Azerbaijan and Europe. She has 17 years experience in the HR arena.
[ Register Now ]
· [ Next: Prices & Discounts ]