Benefits of Attending
The annual meeting place for CM stakeholders
In its 6th year, the annual CM & Integrity event continues to present leading practices, strategies and technologies in compound handling, storage, integrity and automation. Today’s challenges for compound managers include integration post-merger, sourcing and outsourcing for cost-savings, compound quality improvements, long term storage challenges and meeting the diverse, evolving needs of customers.
“Again and again, the best conference for addressing in-depth CM issues, sharing experiences and networking”
F. Hoffman-La Roche
New for 6th Annual Compound Management & Integrity 2009
The Pharma IQ CM annual event is not a broad drug discovery trade show, but a focused, in-depth event covering critical issues in compound management.
Only at CM 2009 will you learn how:
- Johnson & Johnson is outsourcing the whole of their compound management: Learn how they developed clear SOPs, improved quality of service and compound collection
- Abbott Labs is developing a global biologics registration system
- Novartis is complementing their automated stores with low-cost and highly flexible store concept
- Pfizer is using the power of computational chemistry to decide what compounds will be needed to compile a diverse, successful screening file
- UCB is re-aligning their IT infrastructure post-merger and building a unified screening deck
- Siena Biotech is overcoming resource issues in implementing a new liquid handler to increase throughput to customers, with greater format flexibility
- GlaxoSmithKline is deciding which acoustic dispensing hardware and IT is best for different needs: Learn the practical issues faced in these decisions and during implementation
- Lundbeck is balancing HT LC/MS and low volume NMR for compound QC and examining UPLC detection for faster analysis with lower sample amounts
Download the event brochure
Don’t miss the Focus Day on Outsourcing CM
Has your management told you to get the biggest bang for you buck, whether that‘s using existing resources or looking externally?
If you’re even considering outsourcing your CM, sourcing compounds externally to fill your file, or feeling the impact of outsourcing chemistry on CM, you must join your industry colleagues for a special Focus Day addressing:
- What parts of CM can be outsourced and what models are other companies using?
- What are the risks of keeping your crown jewels off-site?
- How can I take advantage of outsourcing while still demonstrating my value?
- Do balanced approaches work, whereby most desired compounds are kept on-site and historical compounds are outsourced and what are some of the practical realities of setting up this strategy?
- How can we set up clear SOPs and accountable KPIs for CM contractors?
- How can CM appropriately adjust to increasing volumes of incoming compounds from various sources?
Speakers include Johnson & Johnson, Nycomed GmbH, Basilea Pharmaceutica, Novartis, BioFocus DPI and the National Institutes of Health (USA)
Meet the Compound Manager of 2008 Award Winner
Bob Schmitt, Abbott Laboratories was nominated and secured the 2008 award for his strategic vision and unwavering resolve to successfully implement the Libra compound management system, custom Oracle-based system with over 1,000,000 lines of code, and the production release of the storage system for solvated compounds. The Advisory Board Judges were particularly impressed with his long term commitment to his job and the project for over 7 years and the significant impact the project has had on improving the efficiency of drug discovery operations at Abbott.
Nominate your colleague today to recognise their contribution to compound management amongst their peers at CM 2009.
88% of people who filled in the 2008 evaluation form said they would defiantly recommend the annual CM event to their colleagues!
If you are not yet ready to register, feel free to request a reminder nearer the time.
|Featured Session Sponsor
||Plenary Session Sponsor
||Track Chair Sponsor
[ Register Now ]
· [ Next: Conference Day One: Tuesday 19th May 2009 ]