Pre-Conference Evening: Monday, 18th May 2009
17.30 – 20.30 Workshop A: Leveraging Advanced Technology to Optimise Compound Management and Integrity of Results
Dinner served during workshop
Today’s compound managers and researchers are under growing pressure to increase their outputs, and throughputs correspondingly. The role of technology (both hardware and software) in achieving these advancements has never been greater. This workshop will work through examples of how you can use advanced technology to accelerate compound management operations and drug discovery decision making. Through presentations and interactive work sessions, participants will learn how they can:
- Implement innovative docking technology to make their laboratory hardware investment both flexible and sustainable, and to allow materials and equipment to link up with downstream drug discovery activities
- Use different system enclosure options to protect the integrity of their samples
- Customise scheduling software to interface with inventory management vendors (including Remp and Titian) to best match their workflow
- Use scheduling software to track liquids, creating customised replication logs for multiple liquid handling vendors (including EDC, Labcyte and Hamilton)
- Apply HighRes’ new cherry picking dose response functionality to a wide range of liquid delivery mechanisms.
We will also include a case study of how this advanced technology is being utilised at the Broad Institute’s Chemical Biology Platform. This facility, designed and supplied by HighRes Biosolutions, offers “Drug Discovery in a Room”, starting from dry powder compound stores, materials and equipment flow through the five distinct robotic systems, working from compound management right through to biological results in a plate reader.
This workshop is designed to be relevant both for people working in large pharmaceutical companies with established compound management facilities, and smaller operations like biotech companies and academic research laboratories that are still finalising their hardware and software set-ups.
European Applications Manager
Mid-Conference Evening: Tuesday 19th May 2009
18.45 – 21.45 Workshop B: Building Effective Local and Global Compound Management Operations Using a Dedicated Business Process Management Framework
Dinner served during workshop
Compound Management is always facing the trade-off between flexibility and costs, as higher flexibility means higher costs. This leads to the compelling idea of utilising the flexibility of a business process management platform and combine this with a solid foundation of predefined workflows and processes which are common in compound management solutions.
In the first half of this workshop, we will give an insight into the framework, and share some of the critical design decisions and lessons learned on the way. A demo of a real-life workflow from one of our customers will serve to get a feeling of how all this works together. The second half of the workshop we will do some hands-on work developing a new or adapted real-life workflow, ideally taken from the audience. At the end of the workshop, all participants will have a solid overview of the benefits (and limitations) of a BPM based framework approach to compound management. Attend this workshop to:
- Understand how a Business Process Management System can be used to build CM solutions
- Learn about the proper granularity of services composing CM workflows
- Examine key design decisions and lessons learned
- Understand the key arguments to get funding for a BPM based solution
Manager, Compound Management
Logica Switzerland AG
[ Register Now ]
· [ Next: Prices & Discounts ]