Pre-Conference Masterclasses And Site Visit
Tuesday 28 April 2009
Please click on the links below to learn more:
- Masterclass A: A Comprehensive Introduction to Shared Services: Designing, Implementing and Consolidating your SSC
- Masterclass B: Successfully Achieving and Maximizing Cost Savings within a Mature SSC using Lean Six Sigma
- Site Visit: Qantas: An In Situ Look At A Real SSC In Operation
Please note: Masterclasses A and B run concurrently
10:00 - 13:00 Masterclass A: A Comprehensive Introduction to Shared Services: Designing, Implementing and Consolidating your SSC
This session is not to be missed if you are just about to step out of your SS journey or if you have just embarked. This hands-on workshop will cover the six critical plans in shared services development:
- Building a strong business case to get Executive sign off for your SSC
- Developing strong governance rules to structure your SSC deployment
- Effective strategies for planning and implementing your Shared Services
- Putting down timelines for benefit realisation and clear ROI
- Creating strong service delivery standards and embedding methods for implementation
- Utilising metrics and service delivery analysis for accurate performance measurement
About the Masterclass Leaders:
Joseph Soalheira has 12 yrs+ leadership in Shared Services (including design, roll out and management) in local government and telecommunications, in HR, finance, and procurement.
He’s a member of the SSON Advisory Board and a frequent Speaker at Shared Service conferences and executive seminars, both in Australia and overseas, having received the “Most Admired Leader of Shared Services Organisations Award” from the SSON (2005) for being outstanding in this field and contributing for the advancement of Shared Services.
Currently, he is undertaking his PhD on Shared Services.
Deputy General Manager Strategy and Innovation
GAUTENG SHARED SERVICES CENTRE
10:00 - 13:00 Masterclass B: Successfully Achieving and Maximizing Cost Savings within a Mature SSC using Lean Six Sigma
The savings you can expect to see from a mature SSC are incremental in nature and focus on fine tuning the system with the occasional big saving when new functions and increasing scope are added to the facility. This workshop has been designed for mature Shared Service Organizations who would like to use the tested Lean Six Sigma route to reduce the costs and improve efficiencies. The workshop will look at all of the following areas:
- Developing a Lean Six Sigma implementation road map for SSCs
- Prioritising improvement areas to ensure that there is no extra project cost
- Tools and techniques for identifying hidden costs and reducing them
- Strategies for identifying efficiencies from line functions
- Examples of using statistical tools in SSCs for process improvement
About the Masterclass Leader:
General Manager: Finance and Strategy
Stephen provides financial support and governance to the QSS centre located in Mascot. In the last three years Stephen’s been actively developing QSS as a commercial business by maturing the service pricing, establishing SLAs and performance based reporting. In November he took over responsibility for managing the QSS Project Management Office, focusing on projects to improve the end to end services delivered to our customers.
Stephen is also a board member of Australian Shared Services Benchmarking Association.
14:00 - 17:30 Site Visit: Qantas: An In Situ Look At A Real SSC In Operation
Sometimes visualisation is just not enough and we wish that we could actually see what happens in a real life situation. Our site tours take the guess work out of the process. You will visit Qantas’s operation and it will show you not only the layout of the centre but will allow you to meet with the different heads of departments, see the technology in action and ask all of those questions you really wanted to ask the people at the coal face.
- The layout of the Shared Service Centre
- The dynamics of the Qantas workflow and optimisation strategy
- The divisions of each Department Head and presentations on the areas of work
General Manager: Finance and Strategy
The itinerary for the site visit will be as follows:
2:00 Bus Departs From Sofitel Wentworth
2:20 Arrive At Qantas Headquarters
2:30 Introduction To The SSC By Stephen McDonald
3:00 Afternoon Tea
3:30 Qantas Site Tour
4:45 Board Bus Back Into The City
5:30 Bus Arrives At Sofitel Wentworth
[ Register Now]
· [ Next: Day Two: Conference ]