Why should I attend Directed Energy Weapons 2009?
‘Directed Energy offers promise as a transformational ‘game changer’ in military operations, able to augment and improve operational capabilities in many areas’
Dr. William Schneider, Defense Science Board Chairman, US DoD
Defence IQ’s 6th annual Directed Energy Weapons conference is Europe’s most established symposium dedicated to the technological advances and policy challenges surrounding DEWs. By bringing together the leading figures from the military, scientific community and from industry, we provide the perfect forum to discuss the latest developments from across the US, Canada and Europe. Ensure your DE programmes are on track and understand the factors which facilitate the implementation of programmes to the edge of operation.
The challenge for ensuring that Directed Energy applications make the transition from concept and prototypes to operational usage requires close collaboration between industry and military. In order for DEWs to be successfully fielded, it is imperative that the leading scientists and policy makers provide the technological solutions and work on fully understanding the costs and benefits of these systems.
Whether you are working to develop your Directed Energy programmes, or if you have the solutions to help overcome technical challenges, this is the perfect environment to learn from and network with the leaders in the field.
Our Leading Panel of Speakers Includes:
- Dr. J. Douglas Beason PhD, Associate Laboratory Director (Threat Reduction), Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Dr. Spiro Lekoudis SES, Director of Weapons Systems in the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Science & Technology), US DoD
- Colonel David Robie, Director, Directed Energy Task Force, USAF
- Dr. Greg Schneider, Director, NATO Research and Technology Agency
- Dr. Benjamin Rockwell, Head of Laser Bio-Effects, US Air Force Research Laboratory
- Dr. Jacques Dubois, Electro-Optic Warfare Section, DRDC Valcartier, Canadian MoD
- Susan LeVine, Deputy Director, Joint Non-Lethal Weapons Directorate, US DoD
What will you take away from Directed Energy Weapons 2009?
With the help of Dr. Doug Beason, Los Alamos National Laboratories, as Chairman and Technical Director for the conference, we have put together our strongest ever panel. Hear from our international speakers as they discuss:
- Insights on progress for high profile Directed Energy programmes from the Active Denial System and the Airborne Laser Programme, to huge advances in Counter IED applications and pulsed power weapons
- Challenges faced for the transition of DE capabilities from the laboratory to the battlefield, with insights into political resistance with keynote participation from Dr. Spiro Lekoudis SES, Director of Weapons Systems in the Office of the Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Science & Technology), US DoD
- Biological impacts for the operator and subject of Directed Energy applications and insights into vulnerability of Military equipment and I.T. infrastructure from the US AFRL and QinetiQ
- Scientific developments into power sources for High Powered Microwaves and High Energy Lasers and updates on focussed beam strength and future DE applications
If you are not yet ready to register, feel free to request a reminder nearer the time.
[ Register Now ]
· [ Next: Conference Day One: 26th February 2009 ]