Overview 2nd International Congress on Advanced Battery Technologies 2009
Following up the great success of the IQPC’s recent Battery Congress in 2008 we want to inform you about our upcoming forum on Advanced Battery Technologies 2009.
At the moment lithium-ion batteries seem to be the best answer to the enormous demands of EVs and HEVs. But the industry is still facing a lot of challenges: energy density, capacity and life cycle still need optimization. Besides, the ideal chemistry of lithium-ion cells has to be improved and the research on nano-surfaces is still in its infancy. Apart from the technological challenges that have to be made, the question has to be raised who will benefit from the growing demand for batteries and who will realize added value: the OEM, the battery manufacturer, the electro powertrain manufacturer?
Don’t miss the chance to reassure your strategy and investment!
- Discuss how to overcome the drawbacks of Li-ion batteries like safety issues, life span or temperature awareness to capitalize on the battery of the future
- Evaluate the future of ultra capacitors applications and potential to be up to date with the latest technical developments
- Learn about the requirements of the automotive industry on future high power sources to align your R&D with the required applications
- Analyze the readiness of Li-ion batteries to challenge NiMH domination for high voltage hybrids
- Discover how the battery industry will meet the demands of the automotive market to find the most promising high energy solution
Toyota Hybrid Powertrains: Development and potential
Advisor Advances Technology, Toyota Deutschland GmbH
Combining batteries and ultracapacitors
Senior Sales Application Engineer
Maxwell Technologies Inc., Switzerland
Li-ion battery technologies for electrical propulsion systems
Dr. Jörg Kümpers
Director Validation & Testing
Johnson Controls Saft/Advanced Power Solutions, Germany
If you are not yet ready to register, feel free to request a reminder nearer the time.
[ Register Now]
· [ Next: Conference Day One: 30th June 2009 ]