The spread of biofuels is a hot topic at the moment: Oil reserves are depleting whilst CO2 emissions need to be decreased urgently to support climate protection. With the implementation of biofuels the automotive industry is assuring its sustainability and fuel manufacturers are discovering new areas of business. A number of challenges appear to threat these promising developments: Increasing crop prices, low oil prices and hesitance from governments to request higher biofuel blends. Only with the implementation of 2nd and 3rd generation biofuels can these challenges be overcome. Auto industry, fuel manufacturers and established research organisations are approaching the subject from different angles.
Join this event to:
- Assess OEM powertrain strategies for alternative fuels to understand the market potential for biofuels and natural gas
- Compare the different combustion attributes of biofuels such as pressure and temperature to increase the energy efficiency of the powertrain
- Understand the impact of biofuels on powertrain components to capitalize on the appropriate material selection strategy
- Explore advantages of downsized and turbocharged engine platforms to ensure optimized engine performance
- Efficiently improve biomass production to enable 2nd generation biogas and fuel manufacturing
Hear 16 international biofuels case studies:
Tata Motors Ltd +++ Volkswagen AG +++ IFP +++ BG -Technologie GmbH +++ eoil automotive & technologies GmbH +++ Magna Steyr Fahrzeugtechnik AG & Co. KG +++ Continental AG +++ Delphi Technical Center Krakow +++ Scania AB
Gas, Fuel and Oil Industry:
GDF SUEZ +++ E.ON Hanse AG +++ Südzucker AG +++ BioMCN +++ Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH +++ Solix Biofuels Ltd +++ Total S.A.
If you are not yet ready to register, feel free to request a reminder nearer the time.
[ Register Now]
· [ Next: Conference Day One: Tuesday, 7th July 2009 ]