Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
3:00 PM Ethiopia – Djibouti case study: US$14bn worth projects on pipelines, port and terminal facilities, roads and railways are under construction, underwritten by several vast public and foreign investment schemes.
How will this increase the GPD of the two countries?
- The Djibouti corridor and its ports’ expansion plans: a multi-model strategy that aims to boost economy, employment rate at +3.5% and country’s growth
- A US$3.4 billion project aiming to develop also a manufacturing export zones
- Development of oil and gas projects in the Ogaden regions to increase Djibouti’s ports trade potential and boost regional growth
3:30 PM INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION: Key stakeholders addressing future visions, projects and commercial partnerships.
What can be done in future to secure a GDP growth rate of 5% annually?
In this session Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somalia ministries, along with UAE and Chinese ports’ officers will discuss on:
- Does East Africa have the sufficient seed capital to sustain projects implementation?
- Implementing automation in the entire transport value chain to boost trade value up to 60%
- Adopting a security system to reduce cargo and container’s theft down to 5%
- From oil and gas pipelines to refineries, railways project and infrastructure development: Effective project management to achieve strategic economic objective