Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
9:00 AM VIP MINISTERIAL PANEL DISCUSSION: A strategic outlook into the economic value of developing multi-modal transportation hubs in Africa
How can this help Africa to achieve a substantial GDP growth of 5% by 2020?
This session will explore:
- Africa transport value chain requires external capital seeds, technological implementations and an effective project management system
- Emphasise opportunities that market opens to contractors, sub-contractors and future investors.
- 90% of the imports/exports are driven by sea. How can these projects impact Africa economy and the overall GDP?
9:30 AM Connecting Dar Es Salaam port with land-locked Rwanda The Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) project: Discussing the US$2.5 billion investment across a 400km railway network to link landlocked Rwanda with Dar es Salaam port
How would this benefit the total growth of the East African countries GDP?
- The importance of facilitating trades between sea and landlocked countries to accelerate transportation of goods up to 32%
- Reducing transportation times and good availability by integrating a centralised management system
- Can it become the benchmarck for future projects?