H.E. Dagmawit Moges
Deputy Mayor Addis Ababa and Honourable Minister of Transport
Ministry of Transport Ethiopia
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
9:00 AM VIP MINISTERIAL PANEL DISCUSSION: A strategic outlook into the economic value of developing multi-modal transportation hubs in Africa
How can this help Africa to achieve a substantial GDP growth of 5% by 2020?
This session will explore:
- Africa transport value chain requires external capital seeds, technological implementations and an effective project management system
- Emphasise opportunities that market opens to contractors, sub-contractors and future investors.
- 90% of the imports/exports are driven by sea. How can these projects impact Africa economy and the overall GDP?
How does the future look like for the Horn of Africa?
- Joint ventures, foreign investments and new alliances to secure projects completion
- Cross-sector expansions: From ports to infrastructures, multi-billion dollar opportunities for contractors, dredging companies, terminal constructors, digital solution providers etc.
- The role of Ethiopia and the new market dynamics.
3:30 PM INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION: Key stakeholders addressing future visions, projects and commercial partnerships.
What can be done in future to secure a GDP growth rate of 5% annually?
In this session Eritrea, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Somalia ministries, along with UAE and Chinese ports’ officers will discuss on:
- Does East Africa have the sufficient seed capital to sustain projects implementation?
- Implementing automation in the entire transport value chain to boost trade value up to 60%
- Adopting a security system to reduce cargo and container’s theft down to 5%
- From oil and gas pipelines to refineries, railways project and infrastructure development: Effective project management to achieve strategic economic objective