Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
12:30 PM KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: Dry ports as a key driving elements for both the commercial and transportation sectors.
Why are logistic hubs becoming so important?
With new businesses dynamics and a fast moving commercial environment, it is essential for countries to ensure a smoother flow of goods in order to increase competitiveness. For this reason infrastructure development, and in particular ports, dry ports and hinterland transports play a key role.
This session will consider:
- A snapshot of the main dry ports projects (Zambia, Congo and Tanzania)
- How can inland countries benefit from it: from new job opportunities to surroundings development
- New commercial routes
- How regional ports can minimise the risk of overcapacity?
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 26 June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
How will this shape new commercial routes, promote connectivity, incentivise free trades, boost modernisation in the transportation sector and reinforce the importance of a multi-model approach across Africa?
- Latest updates on some projects under the OBOR: Ethiopia and Mozambique gaining the first benefits.
- Understanding the market size and potential by highlighting the business opportunities for foreign investments
- Establishing free trade areas and multilateral financial cooperation