H.E. Dr. Hesham Arafat
EX Honourable Minister of Transport
Ministry of Transport, Egypt
Conference Day One: Tuesday, 25 June 2019
Tuesday, June 25th, 2019
9:00 AM VIP MINISTERIAL PANEL DISCUSSION: A strategic outlook into the economic value of developing multi modal transportation hubs in Africa
How can this help Africa to achieve a substantial GDP growth of 5% by 2020?
This session will explore:
- Latest sea ports, dry ports, roads, highways and bridges’ development projects occurring in Africa
- Emphasize opportunities that market opens to contractors, subcontractors and future investors
- Evaluate the economic potential of these projects and the impact they have on the overall GDP
Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 26 June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
9:30 AM KEY STAKEHOLDERS PANEL DISCUSSION: How is Africa opening up to this new business model? Public-Private Partnership is now becoming a major trend in the continent. For this reason, it is essential to understand its implications and dynamics
- Getting insights into the new legislations, rules and agreement terms
- What is stopping the PPP framework of the African governments to concretely initiate the projects?
- Does the PPP model require new experts and a higher level of knowledge during the contracting phase?
- Discussing on the efficiency of PPP.
- Emphasising the importance of intergovernmental cooperation