GPs and Primary Healthcare Day One: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: Emerging Apps that are Disrupting and Enabling General Practice
With 79% of all Australians own a smartphone, while six out of 10 Australian mobile consumers own multiple mobile devices, the possibilities presented by mobile health are exciting, but care must be taken when implementing it in general practice.
This panel will discuss:
- Innovative mobile health solutions that are transforming the way GPs manage patients with chronic disease, including self-care monitoring, self-education and fitness apps/ wearables
- The privacy breach debate: How much of our privacy are we willing to give up for apps that lack scientific validation?
- Whether apps are improving clinical health outcomes, with examples of international best practice for health management apps from the US
GPs and Primary Healthcare Day Two: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
12:00 PM Case study: How one organisation is developing and deploying an app to dramatically reduce alcohol related health issues
GPs encounter an increasing case of patients with substance abuse. Instead of challenging the entrenched drinking culture of Australia, Hello Sunday Morning moves away from the norm by providing a Government-funded app called Daybreak that helps people change their own relationships with alcohol and curb the rising cases of substance abuse in Australia. A recent Curtin University evaluation of Daybreak showed weekly alcohol consumption dropping from 37 to 17 standard drinks at three-month follow up.
To support this tool, Chris has had to implement fundamental changes in nearly all aspects of his company.
Learn how he:
- Introduced a tightened and heightened data protection and user-privacy mindset throughout the company to alleviate data sensitivity
- Adopted of governance and operating standards in line with registered health services
- Ensured principles of best psychological practice were incorporated into the technical and design elements
- Initiated a research program, aimed at building a body of evidence to support the framework for developing the Daybreak app, and to determine its effectiveness as a support tool