Women In Leadership: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
Leaders who know when and how to connect with and emotionally engage individuals and teams not only earn loyalty and trust, they create an environment that supports creativity and innovation. Clare will speak about her personal journey in medical leadership and discuss how she overcame structural issues that women typically face in leadership roles.
- The power of emotional intelligence for leaders to shift resistance and create momentum
- How emotionally engaged leaders can build a positive workplace culture that encourages teamwork, open and honest communication and gender diversity in leadership
- Overcoming common structural issues faced by women in leadership; including implicit bias, inequity in parenting and flexible work policy, and misconceptions about the gender pay gap
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: Say Goodbye to Rigid Hierarchical Patriarchies! Building a Culture that Supports the Next Generation of Female Leaders
Healthcare at its core remains rigid, hierarchical and male-dominated, which drastically needs to change if it is to support the next generation of female leaders. Greater opportunity, respect, diversity are key elements for improving workplace culture.
This panel will discuss each in turn and the important role female leaders play to drive this shift:
- Opportunity: How can you promote greater opportunity in the workplace?
- Respect: Everyone is deserving of respect, no matter their age or level of experience
- Diversity: Greater diversity in age, culture and gender is important for varied opinions and a richer team and culture