Aged Care Day One: Wednesday, 17 March 2021
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
11:30 AM Campfire Session: In Home Care and Community Living: How to Bring the Best Out of Both Worlds into Your Facilities and Service Design to Truly Achieve Customer-Centric Care
In 2019, the Australian Healthcare Week Great Debate addressed the ongoing contention between home care and purpose built community living and which better serves our most vulnerable. In the end, there was a general consensus that both are essential as part of the healthy aging continuum.
Following on from this, it’s time to set aside our differences and realise that both have a place and neither is sufficient to provide the range of options that the community needs to support living in the home.
After this campfire, you’ll come away with a new perspective that moves away from the hierarchical “us and them” mentality. Take this opportunity to connect with your peers over some hot chocolate and marshmallows! Learn how to:
- Create an environment where it’s not “us and them” to really exercise choice and bring the best of both worlds into your facilities and service design
- Recognise the value of residential and home care services by actively collaborating with your peers to support people to live well regardless of their accommodation
- Balance the burden of exercising your duty of care in a person-centred way while supporting consumer choice to achieve better health and wellbeing
Aged Care Day Two: Thursday, 18 March 2021
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
10:30 AM Panel Discussion: How to Ensure Consistent Quality of Care in an Environment of Rapid Change
With rising scrutiny in the Aged Care sector, there is ongoing pressure to ensure consistency in your operations and service delivery. But how do you adapt your business model to ensure consistent care in an environment of rapid change, especially where you have a large organisation? Hear from some of Australia’s top 10 residential aged care and home care providers on how they are adapting their business model in preparation of the new quality standards. Learn how to:
- Get the right mix of system, process and culture to enable consistent care
- Develop a flexible and adaptable workforce to drive sustainable change
- Pilot new models of care while always putting the customer at front of mind