GPs and Primary Healthcare Day One: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
PANEL: What role do GPs have in the Response to Epidemics?
The outbreak of the coronavirus across China and other counties highlights the importance of preparing for future health epidemics. This subject will be explored in this expert panel discussion, focusing on the following:
• What role do GPs play in reducing the risk of public epidemic outbreaks?
• Are Australia’s GPs prepared for an epidemic?
• What measures can we take to strengthen our response?
• What are the key challenges GPs face in dealing with this risk?
GPs and Primary Healthcare Day Two: Thursday, 1 October 2020
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
12:30 PM A Collaborative Approach: How to Adapt a Scalable Model for Greater Engagement with General Practice
Since 2016, Queensland is shifting its focus at a ministerial level to address the fragmentation between primary and secondary care, increase general practitioners’ engagement within the health system and ensure that its state-wide initiatives benefit both the health service and primary care. Nalani shares her experience undertaking a wide-scale engagement program that aimed to empower general practitioners, acknowledge their feedback and build trust across the sectors to create better health outcomes.
Learn how to:
- Adapt this model in your own local health district or health service to better understand general practitioners’ needs and expectations and create a more holistic health system
- Build a trust relationship between sectors utilising wide-scale face to face engagement
- Overcome challenges around the lack of understanding of needs and expectations from both sides of the system and barriers to establishing trust with general practitioners to ensure a streamlined patient journey