Start Ups: Wednesday, 30 September 2020
Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
12:00 PM Panel Discussion: How Do You Enable Disruptive Technology in an Industry that is Slow Moving?
Besides branding and positioning, commercial success is ultimately about pro-creation between the end user and start up. However, the healthcare industry is fundamentally not very agile, rigid or dynamic, making it challenging for start ups to collaborate with them. This panel will explore strategies for introducing new and disruptive technology to and improving engagement with end users, including:
- Greater collaboration to align the product with expectations and get the right messaging across
- Using change management and consumer engagement tools throughout the implementation process to help them integrate new technology into their environment
- Educating clinicians to build trust and raise awareness around the benefits of the technology to help manage natural resistance to change
- Balancing the needs and expectations between start ups and larger organisations to foster a collaborative and progressive partnership
2:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION - Panel Discussion: How to Attract and Retain Top Talent in Your Healthcare Start Up
Talent is integral to any business sector. This couldn’t be more true of the startup ecocsystem where human intellectual capital is behind the delivery of the innovative high value products. This panel will discuss the good, the bad and the ugly and provide an opportunity to learn from our mistakes:
- The power of word of mouth, being surrounded by like-minded people, tangible and intangible incentives for retention and the importance of company culture
- Overcoming challenges around lack of resourcing, misaligned expectations, communicating that it’s a high risk high reward, finding people with a genuine interest in start ups and
- Lessons learned from start ups at different stages of maturity, including the importance of keeping people engaged in a volatile environment and leading by example
3:00 PM INTERACTIVE SESSION: Pitch Fest
The pitch fest will feature 6 – 8 of the leading health start ups in Australia and New Zealand, battling it out to be crowned the ‘Healthcare Start Up of the Year’!