Health Facilities Design & Development Day Two: 28 March, 2019
Thursday, March 28th, 2019
Using examples from across the Metro North HHS, hear key lessons learnt around using LEAN design in retrofitting technology and new models of care.Takeaway points of this session include:
- When is a good time to use LEAN?
- Workflow must-haves versus workflow nice-to-haves
- How to determine what “waste” is?
- Managing change in people and process
Workshops: 26th March 2019
11:30 AM Get the Insider's Perspective: How to Use LEAN Tools and Design Thinking to Improve Workflow Processes and Efficiency
LEAN tools and design thinking can help healthcare organisations drive value for the end customer through the elimination of waste in the processes used to design/re-design and run a hospital.
Having said that, you want to learn from people who not only designed the spaces but are using these spaces. This is because they will have a holistic perspective and know the big picture and ins and outs of what works and doesn’t work from a LEAN and design thinking PoV.
Join your peers in this interactive workshop for the opportunity to learn fundamentals of LEAN and design thinking, and how it has been adopted in Metro North HHS when building new infrastructure or renovating existing ones to build efficient processes.
- LEAN 101 – Current State Mapping, Ideal State Mapping and Future State Mapping
- Examples of LEAN projects
- How to design/re-design a workflow process using a hands on practice example
- 1 on 1 time with industry leaders who are experiencing the spaces they’ve built