As a result of APRA’s increased level of scrutiny over Outsourcing, Business Continuity, Information Security and Data Risk, now more than ever, more work is required to strengthen internal control environments to anticipate facing the fast-paced world of emerging technologies and new ideas, coupled with Reporting & Disclosure requirements.
Having strengthened Technology Control environments across more than 50 local and global blue-chip organisations, Terry-Sue will provide a pragmatic view of how all organisations can harness Technology Risk & Control basics to uplift their internal capabilities to combat Financial Crime, as well as:
- Provide practical principles of a robust Technology Control framework that will help organisations dial down to root causes of risk across their enterprises
- Share lessons learnt implementing a Technology Regulatory Control Framework for an international Forex and Retail bank that helped increase value around reporting & disclosure
- Provide insights of how financial organisations across NZ, Australia, South Africa and the Pacific Islands align when measured against AU and NZ regulatory requirements
- Cast a view of the linkage and interoperability between Technology Risk and AML/CTF processes
- Share a call to action to move enterprises into a proactive journey to implement advanced and strategic programs of work to strengthen internal resilience and FinCrime detection; as well as boost skill, capability and understanding of Technology Controls to drive organisational change for all stakeholders