Shared Services & Outsourcing Exchange 1-Day Event - Monday, June 24th
7:15 am - 7:45 am Registration
8:00 am - 8:05 am Chairperson's Remarks
8:05 am - 8:50 am Transforming the Finance Function to Deliver Business Results
This session will present a dramatic journey of Finance transformation driven by Shared Services to deliver standard processes, lower costs, improve business support and enhance customer/supplier experience. After a stalled ERP implementation, Sysco Business Services deployed point solutions, centralized by lifting and shifting work and redeveloped legacy technology with only modest results. To achieve real Finance transformation, Sysco launched a multi-year project that includes a new core financial platform and an automation & engagement layer on top of legacy operations systems. Sysco used a BPO partner to transition and transform the processes and technologies. During this session attendees will learn how to:
- Align finance transformation with the company’s mission, goals and operating model
- Ensure executive sponsorship, engage key stakeholders and develop an actionable roadmap of milestones
- Use newer technology to bridge the gap between legacy operating systems and the digital experience
Chris DavisVP, Shared Business Services
8:50 am - 9:25 am Making the Leap from Shared Services to Global Business Services
Many organizations are building their SSOs out, with the end goal of becoming a GBS organization. However, very few make it to full maturity. In this session, participants will:
• Explore three stages of GBS evolution – from functional transactional excellence, to business service excellence, and to enterprise strategic enablement
• Examine what capabilities make a GBS world-class
• Outline how to successfully move your organizations from a mature SSO to a GBS
• Embrace the most recent challenges that face GBS organizations
Victor SusmanSenior Director, GBS
9:30 am - 10:00 am Business Meeting
10:00 am - 10:30 am Business Meeting
10:30 am - 11:00 am Business Meeting
11:00 am - 11:15 am Networking Break
MasterClass11:15 am - 12:00 pm Reporting Beyond the Numbers - A Better Approach to Producing Narrative Performance Reports
As the finance leader of your organization, you are tasked with telling the company story on a periodic basis through various report outputs. The focus of the reporting discussion is typically on external reporting, yet the internal reports are arguably more crucial to driving strategic decision making – and the process is infinitely more painful, disparate, and recurring.
In this Masterclass, you will hear survey data around the impact of this inefficiency on an organization, as well as in-practice examples of how global finance teams have reduced risk and improved controls with a more comprehensive approach.
BrainWeave®11:15 am - 12:00 pm AI vs. RPA: Cutting Through the Smoke & Mirrors
In this session, cut through the smoke and mirrors of Robotic Process Automation and Artificial Intelligence - what they mean, how they could help your business, why they are essential to implement today, and what happens if you don’t.
· Review the digital tool kit of the future CFO looks
· Comparing RPA vs. AI – how they differ and complement one another
· Take home with a cheat-sheet of the top 5 questions every shared services leader should ask their AI or RPA vendor or technology consultant
12:05 pm - 12:35 pm Continuous Improvement In an Age of Disruption: How & Where It Fits in a Successful Automation Program
As shared services continues down the path of hyper-transformation, traditional CI programs may no longer suffice. It’s time to reassess your current programs, metrics, strategies and methodologies. The idea of CI in the digital age does not mean that the core goal is different. Rather, the path we take to get there must match up to a new strategy and set of goals.
· Identify processes for automation and their problem statement and risks
· Showcase the value of your automation program through a well-defined roadmap and business case
· Move beyond the typical improvement benefits that automation can provide
Jeff MorrisSenior Director, Business Process
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm Digital Global Business Services as a Driver of Value
Shared Services continues to drive improved productivity across the enterprise, increasingly powered by automation software and more proactive use of data analytics. According to SSON Analytics, the 2 main objectives for those considering or have implemented GBS, are driving further efficiencies by leveraging smart technology and achieving service agility. However, the extent to which emerging opportunities are integrated into an enterprise, and their effects felt, depends to a large extent on how "globalized" the underlying Shared Services model. As organizational operating models continue to evolve, now is the time to refocus on the understanding of what GBS is, the value it provides and the unique opportunity for talent advancement. During this session, attendees
· Roadmap a successful move from shared services to GBS
· Hear how digital technology is becoming increasingly integrated in the GBS model, reaching across functions, processes and businesses
· Highlight talent and capability in global business services
Anita Bhat-ZutshiVP, Global Business & Finance Services
2:20 pm - 2:50 pm Business Meeting
2:50 pm - 3:20 pm Business Meeting
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Business Meeting
3:50 pm - 4:00 pm Networking Break
MasterClass4:00 pm - 4:45 pm Workflow Automation and Its Applications
Workflow automation is one of the most integral areas in which companies can now create strides within their business. Using automation software, companies can begin to: reduce errors, improve communication, reduce costs and have access to real-time reports.
All of these resources allow a business to then focus their energy on more productive tasks as some repetitive actions are automated. This helps free up human capital as well as reduce the errors associated with workers.
BrainWeave®4:00 pm - 4:45 pm Building Shared Services of the Future
Every organization is looking to transform their operating model using disruptive technologies, but many companies are not able to scale beyond disjointed proof of concept efforts.
Regardless of where you are in your journey, the ability to understand and actively manage the disruptive change will be crucial for organizations to succeed in their transformation journey.
During this interactive session, attendees will:
· Discuss the common challenges faced by shared service leaders to keep pace with the rapid technology led disruption to organizational operating models
· Explore practical applications and latest practices to stay competitive
· Receive trends and examples in leapfrogging shared services using digital technologies
· Discuss the changes needed in shared services operating model and effective leadership of shared services
4:45 pm - 5:45 pm Practitioner Roundtable Discussions
Earlier in the Exchange, we collected your insights and challenges using Thoughtexchange. We identified the highest rated topic areas. During this session, you’ll have the opportunity to choose a topic and participate in a small group discussion. You will work in groups to develop an action plan for improvement.
5:45 pm - 6:20 pm Panel: Is Your Talent Ready for Digital?
As technology has created a new layer of complexity and opportunity, SSOs are redefining their workforce strategies. According to SSON Analytics, in 2022, it is projected that the most popular workforce strategies will be to hire new permanent staff with skills relevant to new technologies and look to automate the work. During this panel discussion, attendees will learn hear about the biggest skill deficits, the skills for prioritization, and how Shared Services leaders are preparing their future workforce.
· Discuss the talent/skills SSOs need to thrive in today’s environment of hyper-change
· Hear how SSOs are preparing their organizations for rapid change and how they are handling resistance
· Discuss examples of modern day career paths
· Receive strategies to effectively balance human & digital labor
Dirk HoloubekDirector, Global Shared Services
Russell D'SouzaVice President Credit and Operations USA
Volvo Financial Services
6:20 pm - 7:05 pm Panel: Culture Change in the Age of Digital Disruption
The digitalization of the workforce and work place will require companies to operate in ways they've never anticipated, and move with a risk tolerance and speed that may seem unnatural. Gone are the days of 3-year and 5-year strategic plans. During this session attendees will learn how to:
· Build an organizational culture for a successful adoption of digital technologies
· Adapt your culture to reflect the speed and agility of digitization to remain competitive and to continue to attract the best talent
Daniel DavidsonVP of Finance Shared Services
Jana VondranSVP, Global Business Services
Todd BlevinsVP, Shared Services