Conference Day Two: Wednesday, 14th August 2019
8:30 am - 9:00 am CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AND WELCOME COFFEE
9:00 am - 9:10 am Opening Remarks by the Conference Chair
Devi RajcoomarsingSenior Change Advisor, AI Transformation Former Senior Change Manager
Transport for NSW
9:10 am - 9:50 am INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE: Filtering Through Customer Issues and Going Beyond Conversations With Natural Language Processing Tools to Further Understand Customer Emotions
Companies continue to rollout Chatbots for a number of uses. The used cases for AI are becoming more and more widespread and with the applications of NLP, bots are taking conversations beyond customer needs. Chatbots now have the ability to listen in to what users are typing and match keywords to provide a response. Join Shyamala in this session to explore what a conversation between a customer and business should look like.
- What is Natural Language Processing (NLP)?
- How will NLP affect conversation between the brand and customer?
- NLP is tough and is recommended for those who are experienced with Chatbots already; where does your journey begin with NLP?
- The importance of looking into the future and predicting how you will scale your simple idea into an advanced chatbot
Shyamala PrayagaConversational Interaction Designer
Ford Motor Company USA
9:50 am - 10:30 am CASE STUDY: Transport for NSW Continues to Boost Digital Experiences by Enhancing Voice-Activated Personalisation Through their Transport Bot
Transport NSW commuters have been fortunate to experience a digital first access to voice-activated information through their Real-time Intelligent Transport Assistant (RITA). RITA began as an interactive Chabot on Facebook Messenger and has now evolved to include not only real-time bus information but Opal voice activated balance top-ups in the home and frequently asked questions. Dennis will discuss the new features and Omni-channel experiences Bots can now deliver to enhance personalization and CX.
- The transformation with Chatbots- What can the Bots does now?
- Personalization and Automation- Strategy and service to integrate Bots into existing programs and channels
- Launching a conversational designed Bot to amplify existing progress
- Extending the value of Bots across the company
Dennis ChanManager Customer Experience Technologies
Transport for NSW
10:30 am - 11:00 am MORNING TEA AND NETWORKING BREAK
11:00 am - 11:40 am Following the Success of SAM, CUA is Extending Bot Capability to New Sales Channels Across the Business to Digitally Engage Members
CUA is Australia’s largest credit union providing financial, health and insurance solutions to almost 500,000 Australians. Following CUA’s continuing investment to improve member’s experience journey and digital innovation, the implementation of SAM, a digital virtual sales assistant was able to successful guide members through their full health insurance purchase and improves conversion rates. The results from this pilot were an enhanced digital online experience for members. Join Melissa in this session to explore SAM’s value in other scopes of the business and the journey to find the suitable partner.
- Who is SAM and what does he do?
- Brain- Trainers: A new role with new opportunities for bot efficiency
- Engaging teams in the design and development stage of bots to overcome change management issues
- Sales conversion have improved and longer period of analysis will allow improved member experience and attract new customers
- CUA’s digital innovative strategy: The roadmap for the future and plans of implementation
- The partnership with Flamingo AI: The vendor market is full but how do you know who to partner with?
Melissa WitheriffHead Of Digital
Credit Union Australia Limited
11:40 am - 12:20 pm CASE STUDY: The Future of Bots in Health: HealthDirect Launches A Speech Recognizing Bot Helpline For Better Time-Saving Solutions and Minimal Labour Costs
Healthdirect launched a pilot program to assist end users engage in a text-based conversation to understand their symptoms. This year with the arrival of voice assistants like Google Home and Alexa, HealthtDirect are seeking to launch automated voice-based helpline o drive traffic away from nurses. Join Kathleen as she discusses:
- Integrating chatbots into the omni-channel strategy to revolutionize health
- Evaluating suitable channels for different topics and products- Voice activated/text/social media/digital assistant
- Converting content into voice conversations and the challenges in taking large amount of texts into concise answers
- Marketing and managing bot integration to customers
Kathleen CarpenterProduct Manager
12:20 pm - 1:20 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:20 pm - 2:00 pm SOLUTIONS CLINIC: Choosing the Right Platform and Partnership: Developing a Flourishing Tech Relationship with Vendors and Stakeholders to Ensure The Success of Your Bots
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Mirroring Customer Behaviour and Appropriately Responding to Meet Customer Expectations and Emotions Through Sentimental Analysis
Gartner predicted that by 2020, the customer will manage 85% of their interactions with a company without a human interaction. The goal is to design a bot which doesn’t sound or behave like a human and a tool to help achieve this is sentimental analysis; a process to help extract both the topic and feeling to understand the language, context and tone.
- Tapping into text analysis and sentimental analysis to improve CX delivery
- Why is sentimental analysis important?
- Sentimental analysis is most useful when it detects cases that need to be transferred over to an agent
- Using the insight to provide better customer service 24/7
- Comparative advantages of building a real time sentimental analysis bot into your business
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm AFTERNOON TEA AND NETWORKING BREAK
3:20 pm - 4:00 pm PANEL DISCUSSION: Building Your Roadmap Using AI and Data to Optimize Management Strategies and Improve Bot Effectiveness
Conventional human services come with their own set of limitations; one being the analysis of big data. The introduction of Chatbots is now being incorporated to provide accurate customer data, automate data analysis and collection to provide in-depth customer insights. Join this panel discussion with 4 industry experts on their journey to discuss how you can better your data collection with bots to improve the customer experience and reduce costs.
- Improving bot effectiveness means taking action to set and manage expectations
- What is sentimental analysis and how does it apply to bots?
- Performing accurate analysis of a large amount of data to measure the effectiveness of each message, the expectations and suggesting optimization in clean graphical interface
- How to improve analysis on unstructured data across digital channels
Matthew SherwoodLead Product Owner
Tyrone KoHead of Service Transformation Member Experience