Chief Data Officer
Krishna Cheriath is the Chief Data Officer for Bristol-Myers Squibb Company reporting to the CIO. Krishna is responsible for driving the data, analytics and insights agenda for BMS while ensuring that the company’s data is accessible, reliable, secure and legally compliant protecting the privacy of employees, patients and others. He is the company’s data strategist and adviser, steward for improving data quality, evangelist for data sharing, data driven innovations and data ethics and standards, and lead technologist for data and analytic automation. His core responsibilities as CDO include:
• Building the company’s understanding of the business and data strategy
• Designing and implementing data strategies and systems
• Leading, motivating and managing large data and technical teams
• Overseeing the collection, storage, management, quality and protection of data
• Implementing data privacy policies and complying with data protection regulations
• Communicating the status, value, and importance of data
Krishna joined Bristol-Myers Squibb Company in 2006 and held several IT roles of increasing responsibility. Since September 2016 till the appointment as the Chief Data officer, Krishna served as the Head of Information & Data Management. In January 2018 he took the additional responsibility of being BMS’s EU Data Protection Officer. His was responsible for overseeing BMS’ advancement of data governance, data stewardship and digital capabilities focused on data, reporting and analytics. As the company’s EU DPO, he was instrumental in ensuring compliance with the GDPR and facilitating the company’s responses to requests from EU data subjects and data protection authorities.
He is also part of the leadership team of Business Insights and Analytics (BIA), the centralized analytics function in BMS.