Conference Day Two: Thursday, 29th August 2019
SAFETY BEYOND THE NORM
9:10 am - 9:40 am TECHNOLOGY SPOTLIGHT - DOES TECHNOLOGY COMPROMISE SAFETY?: Analyse the relation between inflight internet services and aircraft security
- Does the use of broadband connectivity hinder traditional safety norms?
- Bring Your Own Device: Threat or Opportunity?
- Are you bypassing a security check by implementing automated and connected aircrafts technology?
Musafiri AdolpheDirector of Flight Safety Standards
Rwanda Civil Aviation Authority
9:40 am - 10:10 am TECHNOLOGY SPOTLIGHT - DATA MANAGEMENT: Using data analytics to enhance security systems and responses
- What are the best means to leverage on hand and real time data to strengthen aircraft security?
- Analysing crowd sourced data to navigate safer flight plans
- Facilitating controlled crowd source data to ensure confidential aircraft data remains protected
Henry OgoyeHead of Corporate Planning & Strategy
Kenya Airports Authority
10:10 am - 10:30 am TECHNOLOGY SPOTLIGHT: BEYOND FIREWALLS: Ensuring utmost security for your confidential data
- Implementing disruptive cyber security to ensure that confidential aircraft and passenger data is safeguarded
- Protecting your database and the IoT ecosystem
Blessing NgwaraiDirector Air Navigation and Tech Services
Zimbabwe Civil Aviation Authority
10:30 am - 11:00 am SPEED NETWORKING & BREAK
Swap business-cards with your fellow participants to start making those valuable connections
11:00 am - 11:30 am INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT - STAFF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT: Constantly educating your workforce on updated safety requirements
- Periodically training your staff to ensure safe handling of technologically advancedequipment
- Facilitating adequate training to ensure your staff can handle potential safety hazards in a timely and efficient manner
- Sustaining an effective emergency response and crisis management team
Gaoussou KonateDirector Technical and Operations
African Airlines Association (AFRAA)
11:30 am - 12:00 pm INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT - CREATING A SAFE ECOSYSTEM: Maintaining a safe environment for your workforce
- Providing a hazard free environment for in flight and ground staff
- Implementing safety measures for units dealing with aircrafts, engines, and heavy machinery
- Ensuring all personnel involved are aware of the potential safety hazards and ways to mitigate them
Eng. Ayub SomaActing Director Navigation and Airport Security at UCAA and Director General Entebbe National Airport
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT - PASSENGER SAFETY: Covering the loopholes in aircraft safety
- How can you enhance passenger safety standards by implementing stringent airport checks
- Discuss the direct relation between high quality preflight briefings, aircraft checks and inflight safety
Cairo Airport Company, German
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm LUNCH AND NETWORKING BREAK
Swap business-cards and with your fellow participants to start making those valuable connections whilst enjoying a buffet lunch
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm INDUSTRY SHOWCASE - OPERATIONAL STRATEGIES: Planning for the next decade
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm INDUSTRY SHOWCASE - GOING BEYOND PAYMENTS: Ideal appropriation and allocation of finances
- In the current economy, what are the best suited sources of funds and financing models to facilitate CAPEX and Cashflows?
- Mitigating funding challenges for fleet expansion: How to exact funding?
- Are connected aircrafts the answer to maximising ROI?
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm INDUSTRY SHOWCASE - MARKET COMPETENCE: A case study on Ethiopian Airlines’ strategic implementation of tech advanced aircrafts and the benefits reaped
3:00 pm - 3:20 pm SPONSOR SESSION - AI IN AVIATION: Shaping the future of aviation
- Employing automated and intelligent processing of passenger data to enhance security procedures
- Utilising machine vision technologies to ensure efficient ground operations, such as taxiing
- Streamline logistics by integrating transport modalities, such as buses and trains available for on ground transport
3:20 pm - 3:20 pm END OF DAY SIP AND CHAT
Relax and reflect on the day’s excitement in a beautiful Nairobi setting
The published programme is correct at time of printing. However, given the seniority of our speakers and the nature of their roles, speakers may subsequently substitute or remove themselves from the programme. This is always regrettable, and we will always try to replace the speaker with a speaker with equivalent insight.