Additional Content Download
5 ways New Generation Learning Space Design 2017 will help you create and maintain engaging learning environments
This article explores five key ways the New Generation Learning Space Design Summit will help you to create engaging learning environments, based on feedback from some of our past (and current) speakers.
Designing stimulating learning environments to boost student engagement: Two case studies from the primary school sector
In this article, Higher Ed IQ takes a look at the unique approaches two internationally recognised primary schools are taking to learning design and how these approaches are improving teaching and learning outcomes
Designing new learning spaces through co-creation: A glimpse into the vision behind the University of Adelaide’s Learning Hub
In this case study, Pascale Quester, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Academic), University of Adelaide, explores the concept of co-creation and the University of Adelaide’s approach to developing an innovative learning space to drive student engagement across their campus.
6 strategies Australian Universities are using to design and develop collaborative and flexible learning spaces
In this case study Alexander Mayer, Student Ambassador at UNSW an shares insight into how VR and the personalisation of spaces has transformed his educational career and Seher Ata, Associate Professor / Virtual Reality Program Developer at UNSW explores the steps her faculty has taken to integrate VR into learning space design to improve overall student engagement.
Designing classrooms for the modern learner: How Silverton Primary School is co-creating flexible learning spaces with students
In this article, Diane Rickard, Head Teacher at Silverton Primary School, shares the strategies her school is using to design personalised and innovative student learning spaces and the steps they have taken to successfully integrate new technology into classroom design to improve student engagement.
Over the past decade, the rapid pace of change and the emergence of new technologies have transformed the way that students learn. In turn, learning spaces have also had to adapt in order to meeting changing student expectations and learning styles.
With this in mind, we have compiled a list of 5 universities who are succeeding in innovative and flexible learning space design ahead of the 7th Annual Learning Space Design Summit 2018.
Going Beyond Flexibility: Maximising Student Personalisation through Flexible Learning Styles and Spaces
In this presentation from the New Generation Learning Space Design Summit 2018 Alexander Mayer, Student Ambassador at the University of New South Wales explores;
- The transformation of learning spaces within the Faculty of Engineering and Business and its impact on his education
- His personal reflection on personalized learning: how it has affected his student experiences and is this strategy we should all adopt?
- Using ViMine for personalised education objectives- a mining project tool allowing accessible by students
- Assess how personalized and flexible learning spaces have given her a voice, and choice in what, how, when and where to learn
Focusing on Western Sydney University’s First Vertical Campuses as Improved and Engaging New Generation Learning Spaces
In this presentation from the New Generation Learning Space Design Summit 2018 Denise Kirkpatrick PhD (Teaching and Learning), Masters of Education Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice President (Academic) Western Sydney University explores;
- Campus Developments as strategic approaches to produce engaged and industry-ready students
- Taking a look inside the Parramatta Vertical Campus’s highly interactive, digitally-infused studios to promote group-based learning
- The Liverpool Vertical Campus Case Study: what to expect?
In this presentation from the New Generation Learning Space Design Summit 2018 Michael James Keppell Pro Vice-Chancellor, Learning and Teaching at Taylor’s University explores;
- Pedagogy, space and technology: What’s new? How have the three elements evolved? How do they all relate
- Swinburne University of Technology Learning Space Case Study
- European Learning space Case study
- Malaysian University Case Study
Design for Delivery: Designing Innovative and Collaborative Learning Environments to Enable Students’ Development of Soft Skills and Resilience
In this presentation from the New Generation Learning Space Design Summit 2018 Dr Gordon Howell Director Learning Environments and Technological Services at Queensland University of Technology explores;
- Making the shift- implementing digital and flexible education strategies to enable student soft skills
- Retro-fitting existing spaces to create agile and flexible learning environments
- Strategies to achieve better future-proof learning spaces
- Observing the relationships between of space utilisation and student achievements
- Where are we going with the physical spaces?