Director, Teaching Technologies, Innovation Support Unit
University of Technology Sydney
Conference Day One: Thursday, 14 March 2019
Thursday, March 14th, 2019
Educational environments evolve rapidly to maintain student expectations and stimulate positive learning outcomes. Vacant spaces and new development projects are leaving executives to explore opportunities to transform and utilise aged infrastructures as a result.
- Exploring how vacant spaces occur and the challenges surrounding out-dated infrastructure
- Strategising how to transform and utilise an existing space into an innovative and modern learning environment
- Examining successful projects where transformed spaces broadened learning opportunities and technology was cleverly integrated
Conference Day Two: Friday, 15 March 2019
Friday, March 15th, 2019
10:50 AM Encouraging a Responsive Rather Than Reactive Response to Innovative Technology Integration
Innovative technology creates a multitude of benefits and learning opportunities if teachers enthusiastically embrace and foster them into their teaching methods.
- Encouraging the operation of new technologies when teachers may be intimidated by technical or complex administrations
- The importance of awareness and training: Strategies to positively introduce new teaching tools
- Maintaining communication and ensuring consistent technical support to ensure positive outcomes and return on investment