Administration Assistant, Research Engagement
University of Technology Sydney
Conference Day One: Thursday, 14 March 2019
Thursday, March 14th, 2019
2:30 PM CASE STUDY: Implementing a Global Challenge-Based Learning Platform to Enhance Connectivity and Educational Development
Utilising all the capabilities of their ‘Challenge Platform’, Curtin University is launching a further evolved digital learning program called ‘Balance of the Planet’. Incorporating gamification and providing additional modules to further credits, this interactive online experience is aligned with learner development and encourages group collaboration.
- Exploring the development and functions associated with Balance of the Planet and how the project accommodates next generation learning
- Strategies used to overcome limitations and integration challenges
- Examining the under-weighing learning analytic systems used to track progress and student involvement
Conference Day Two: Friday, 15 March 2019
Friday, March 15th, 2019
3:50 PM PANEL: Considerations for Learning Space Designs as a Result of New Generation Pedagogy Paradigm Shifts
There are a growing variety of learning styles and opportunities for students today; as we accommodate these styles the pedagogy methods begin to evolve as well as learning environments. In a panel discussion, leaders in the industry explore the considerations that need to be taken into account when moving towards flexible and innovative learning space designs.
- Highlighting the direction of new Generation Learning space designs as opposed to traditional designs
- Considerations including adaptability, sustainability, and limitations