Director, Digital Futures
University of Western Sydney
Conference Day Two: Friday, 15 March 2019
Friday, March 15th, 2019
It can be difficult to achieve large scale online spaces that encourage engagement while competing with students’ time demands, and are adaptable across a variety of disciplines and cohorts. In a project to maximise student outcomes through online learning spaces, the Digital Futures Team at Western Sydney University are strengthening online engagement using evidence-based models and frameworks.
- Examining online learning spaces: Identifying challenges and determining what factors are necessary to influence success
- Adapting online spaces as a result of evidence-driven analytics
- Exploring outcomes and looking at how to maintain the best online learning spaces with constantly evolving digital innovations
3:50 PM PANEL: Considerations for Learning Space Designs as a Result of New Generation Pedagogy Paradigm Shifts
There are a growing variety of learning styles and opportunities for students today; as we accommodate these styles the pedagogy methods begin to evolve as well as learning environments. In a panel discussion, leaders in the industry explore the considerations that need to be taken into account when moving towards flexible and innovative learning space designs.
- Highlighting the direction of new Generation Learning space designs as opposed to traditional designs
- Considerations including adaptability, sustainability, and limitations