Conference Day One: Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Sunday, July 21st, 2019
3:00 PM Leveraging Data Analytics and Data Insights within Your Workforce to Improve Digital Service Capabilities
A key area of focus amongst both public and private departments has been the need to set up the right team and process frameworks in data analytics and data visualisation. With a recognised skills shortage within these industries and little known path of success when things go “beyond BI”, having the fundamentals properly set at the right time will be essential for future development in the technology sector. Jorge Lizama, Analytics and Reporting Lead at the Office of State Revenue Queensland, will look at three of these core components to help you on your data driven journey.
- People: Improving the skills gap in data analytics through internal workforce training to implement long term technology advances
- Data: Working on data acquisition (external and internal) and data dissemination
- Security: Having a simple framework to evaluate the risk of a security breach
- Determining whether updating or replacing legacy systems is the best course for your department
- Understanding the different systems the legacy system you wish to replace speaks to
- What are the different technology solutions in this space?