In order to bridge the gap between objectives and real business value, EAs need to construct the road to get there. At the top level however, it can feel like architecture is one-step removed, so this workshop will address real examples of how to gather and feed business intelligence into a plotted directive as a strategic business partner.
What the workshop will cover:
- How Department of Transport’s primary focus on simple and connected customer journeys translates to architecture objectives
- How Yandong works with Enterprise and Solution Architecture teams to enable the technical capabilities of the organisation that will underpin and realise this evolving customer experience.
- Learning lessons in positioning architecture within the business to capably set technology direction, principles, and standards alongside the added complications of merging organisations and changing internal structures:
Key Benefits and Takeaways:
- Elements of a successful architecture blueprint, and how this couples with a navigable roadmap
- Measuring progression through target state definition and milestone metrics
- Assessing value chains for transformation planning on a holistic level
- How to engage in strategic planning and investments in support of business innovation
Dr Yandong Fan
Department of Transport