Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 01 October 2019
Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
Many times operational failures have led to great disasters. One of the keys to a successful reduction of operational failures is to periodically assess the threat skyline from all anticipated risks. Having in place an effective workflow management can reduce the operational risks to a significant level.
Key question – How does operational risk affect key operations of your enterprise in executing your strategy?
- Mismanaging non-financial risks leading to direct losses, including litigation, fines, or even indirect damage of reputation
- Major operational risk failures and the lessons learnt
- How do you improve the management of operational risk?
Business continuity analyses the ability to maintain business functions or how to resume them quickly in the event of major disruption.
Hence it is vital to have a Business Continuity Plan (BCM) in place in order to manage risks and create recovery strategies.
Key question – How do you keep the business running?
- How to analyse risks that impact critical operations
- Business Continuity Plan – Does it give you the peace of mind during emergency/outage?
- Imperative factors for risk strategy and Business Continuity Planning.
- Role of Management in gaining high level of resiliency and being “crisis ready”.