Senior Director - Business Continuity
Etihad Etisalat Co. - Mobily KSA
Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 01 October 2019
Tuesday, October 1st, 2019
Many times operational failures have led to great disasters. One of the keys to a successful reduction of operational failures is to periodically assess the threat skyline from all anticipated risks. Having in place an effective workflow management can reduce the operational risks to a significant level.
Key question – How does operational risk affect key operations of your enterprise in executing your strategy?
- Mismanaging non-financial risks leading to direct losses, including litigation, fines, or even indirect damage of reputation
- Major operational risk failures and the lessons learnt
- How do you improve the management of operational risk?
2:50 PM Combining ERM with business continuity management (BCM) to ensure faster recovery and learning from incidents to improve future responses
Some of the consequences of dividing ERM and BCM strategy and functions can be increased expenses, uncoordinated efforts to deal with the same risk issues, unnecessary competition for management attention and resources. Therefore, an integrated approach to ERM and BCM is the smartest and most effective decision to be made.
Key question – Why you should not separate ERM and BCM strategy from each other?
- ERM and BCM collaboration for increasing risk management effectiveness – Challenges of integration; similarities; enlarged success
- Minimising the impact from incidents to improve business resiliency