Pre Conference Day 27 May 2019, Monday
9:00 am - 11:30 am Workshop A: Esports 101: Everything You Need to Know Before Investing in the Esports Market
You cannot build an investment and marketing strategy for esports if you do not understand the basic fundamentals and the evolving value chain of the industry.
This workshop has been purposefully designed to provide new stakeholder groups who are keen on learning more about the esports industry with a foundational understanding of the ecosystem, financial fundamentals and evolving business trends and models.
• What is esports? Why does it matter to your organization?
• What does the ecosystem in Asia look like? Who are the biggest players and what does the investment strategy look like?
• What does your organization need to consider before investing into esports?
• What part of the esports value chain is a best fit for your organization?
Raiford Cockfield IIICEO and Co-Founder
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm Workshop B: The A-Z Non Endemic Brand Guidebook to Esports- What, How and Why
While there is growing interest from non-endemic brands in the esports market, many CMOs, brand and marketing managers in Asia still face these critical roadblocks:
They don’t know enough about the esports industry? Is it just computer games?
They don’t understand the audience demographics and how they should position their brand to them
They don’t know how to build internal buy-in or support for esports campaigns
They don’t know how to measure and define ROI within esports investments
As such, this workshop will provide a comprehensive guidebook for non-endemic brands looking to enter the esports scene by deep diving into the following core topics:
• Understanding what esports is- and how your brand is a good fit for the audience
• Navigating internal buy-in and organizational support for esports
• Presenting and justifying the business case to senior management
• Defining and measuring ROI when investing in esports- How to ensure success