Conference Day One – Tuesday 4 Dec 2018
Tuesday, December 4th, 2018
2:40 PM Panel Discussion: Analysing Key Lessons that the Japanese Gaming Market Can Apply for Sustainable eSports Growth
- Why esports?
- Short-term wins vs long-term strategy
- Can we do things bigger and better in Japan?
- Lessons learnt from other markets and applying them to Japan
Delegates will get the opportunity to select 3 tables of their choice, each led by a roundtable host for a 30 minutes discussion. All 6 roundtables will kick start simultaneously, with delegates rotating after each 30 minute session. Discussion groups are deliberately kept small to ensure that all delegates get the interactive, multi-directional opportunity to ask their most pressing questions, thereby guaranteeing a perfectly tailored experience.
Roundtable 1: Making Sense of Investments- How to Further Leverage an Already Mature Gaming Market in North Asia
Roundtable 2: Capitalising on Japan’s Robust Gaming Infrastructure and Grassroots to Develop Sustainable Business Models in Esports
Roundtable 3: Analysing Revenue Opportunities for Esports in Japan: What Should You Focus on?
Roundtable 4: Integrating Esports Into Your Organization- Internal Adoption Before External Commitments
Roundtable 5: Examining the Business Implications of Integrating Esports into Traditional Sports and Major Sporting Events
Roundtable 6: How to Successfully Execute World-Class Tournaments in North Asia
5:30 PM Closing Panel Discussion: Making Esports Work in North Asia- Actualising Latent Potential and Commercial Opportunities
- Drawing upon lessons learnt and best practice from the rest of the world
- Leapfrogging the maturity curve and developing a robust esports economy in North Asia and Japan
- Strengthening the relationships between game developer, government and national associations to grow the industry
Conference Day Two – Wednesday 5 Dec 2018
Wednesday, December 5th, 2018
- Are current stadiums and arenas equipped to facilitate and host world class esport tournaments?
- Will the esports industry drive further development of bespoke stadiums and arenas in Asia?
- What are current stadium and arena owners doing to enhance infrastructure for esports tournaments?