Conference Day One: Tuesday, 20th August 2019
Tuesday, August 20th, 2019
2:20 PM Utilising Emerging Technologies in Your Anti Crime Strategy to Detect Criminal Activity in Real Time
In the current financial landscape, the rise of digital technology has given criminals the new potential to defraud the system with 49% of organisations globally said they’ve been a victim of fraud and economic crime – up from 36%. However, this also presents as an opportunity as businesses can use new and emerging technology to tackle these criminals head on. This includes using data, regtech and AI.
Panellists will discuss:
- Developing effective cyber security programs to prevent breaches
- Utilising new data analytics to evaluate compliance effectiveness and reduce the cost of non-compliance
- Automating and enhancing processes to give a better understanding of departments and help coordination
- Enhancing the KYC process and transaction monitoring for better understanding and screening of customers
Anti Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism measures can be quickly undermined if there is no strong culture of compliance to back it up. MUFG’s vision of “Be the world's most trusted financial group,”demonstrates the importance of a positive culture and good conduct with a commitment from the top. They are looking to pursue a consistently high level of quality that exceeds customers' expectations and have a strong emphasis on customer engagement, along with providing dependable and consistent support.
This session will discuss:
- Getting your executives to promote a clear and consistent message to set expectations within the organisation
- Ongoing monitoring and compliance management to ensure your AML assurances cover all bases for scrutiny
- Integrating these processes into everyday business to that it becomes second nature and end to end
- Encouraging and improving the protections offered to whistle-blowers