Conference day 2
Wednesday, July 10th, 2019
9:00 AM Growing dimensions of monopiles
• Support structure design for the monopile foundation
• Impacts on fabrication
• Next-generation of monopiles
Thursday, July 11th, 2019
Large-diameter monopile foundations are one of the most promising options for high capacity
offshore wind turbines. Their increasing size comes with many challenges of practical nature as
well as related to design/analysis methods.
• Which are the main knowledge gaps for a better understanding of XL monopile responses?
• Which are the current modelling and analysis methods for ULS-FLS design and how they can
• Could manufacturing/installation limitations be a driving factor now or in the future?
Meet, discuss and share your knowledge and experience with your peers in a dynamic and