Conference Day One: Thursday, 31st October 2019
Thursday, October 31st, 2019
Managing change in property facilties and construction requires effective communication with multiple stakeholders involved in delivering projects. The management of expectations is a key concern when changing campus infrastructure. Christina Balmori from the University of Queensland understands the importance of the space management and asset management allowing her to deliver outcomes that are practical.
In this session:
- Understanding how to effectively communicate with construction partners in major projects
- Recognising the difficulty of retrofitting buildings whilst managing expectations
- Creating visibility around how space is being occupied to accommodate to teaching and learning demands
Conference Day Two: Friday, 1st November 2019
Friday, November 1st, 2019
The future of campuses are constantly changing to be able to withstand the demand of increasing capacity of students and their need to differentiate themselves from other competing universities. Technology is transforming the campus structures and way of interaction between students and teachers. The uncontrollable factor of climate change has also been a big impact on building infrastructure.
The big question of whether to retrofit or rebuild has never been more of a priority in the decision making process.
This panel will discuss:
- Outlining the value of retrofit and rebuild to determine which approach is more effective
- Comparing successful retrofit and rebuild cases to demonstrate their existing value
- Identifying what factors influence retrofitting and rebuilding to determine whether it is as simple as the condition of the building