Pre-Conference Workshops: Tuesday, 27th August 2019
9:30 am - 12:00 pm Integrating Information Technology to More Effectively Manage Contractors and Reduce Risk
Facilities Management is often driven by man-power and paper back which as a result opens the doors to plenty of human error. New automated technology and smart services are becoming an innovative way to have greater control of governance, visibility, and efficiency in managing remote contractors. This workshop will explore the transformation you could make from market research to integration to possible outcomes for your organisation.
- Exploring platforms that provide real-time information communication and ease-of-use between managers and contractors
- How technology can assure prequalification requirements of contractors and regulate compliance operations and audits
- Investigating change management strategies to ensure successful transformation
Chris GreenallNational Capital Planning & Delivery Manager
1:00 pm - 3:30 pm Establishing a Strong Predicative and Prescriptive Analytic Plan to Achieve the Most Successful Life-Cycle Management of Critical Assets
According to a study of common failure patterns by ARC Advisory Group, only 18% of asset failures had a pattern that increased with use or age. As a result this workshop will explore advanced approaches that can be integrated into your asset management plan to proactively mitigate the random and unpredictable failures.
- The risk: How can unexpected crashes can impact productively and the financial burden it can have on an organisation?
- The value: Where should more sophisticated technology be integrated ensuring ROI and greater visibility?
- Implementation: Exploring change management strategies and best practises for ensuring success