Deputy Executive Director, Director Campus Development, Buildings and Property
Conference Day One: Wednesday, 28th August 2019
Wednesday, August 28th, 2019
2:20 PM PANEL: Exploring Whether Consolidating Contracts is the Most Effective Way to Improve Services and Cut Costs
All FM leaders have come across the question of consolidating their contracts at one point or another. This session will explore the pros and cons of each reflecting on the experience of those on the panel and what their focus will be moving forward.
- How consolidating contracts can simplify your supply-chain and establish strengthened relationships with solution providers
- Do bundled contracts affect the quality of services or provide any additional risks?
3:30 PM CASE STUDY: How Monash University Improved Student Experience Through the Utilisation of Innovative Design
Monash University’s Gillies Hall, new student accommodation, built on Passive House Certification and Cross Laminated Timber to deliver both a world’s leading student experience and standards in energy efficient building. This case study will explore the journey through to completion and why this model has become the foundation for current and future infrastructure projects at Monash University.
- Setting the users experience as a core element of the design
- Prioritising long term benefits over short term gains
- Challenging the industry status quo to achieve your objectives