Conference Day One: Tuesday, 9th July 2019
8:30 am - 9:00 am Coffee & Registration
9:10 am - 9:20 am Conference Opening
9:20 am - 10:00 am How The Royal Bank of Scotland is Transforming the Role of the Branch in a Digital World to Adapt to Customer Preferences and Target Key Business Objectives
The role of the branch has been reengineered for customer education in a landscape where more mobile and digital channels have changed the game. RBS has accommodated for all types of customers with how they want to bank and interact from millenials and new users to people who are only comfortable with bank branches. The bank branch still plays an integral role in their strategy to connect and support their customers.
- Developing deeper relationships through retraining and upskilling of staff to be advisors on anything and everything
- Offering flexibility and agility to accommodate major digital developments to cater to all generations
- Revolutionising your branch network to provide real value-add for your customers in an era of digitalization
- Leverage customer trust to educate them on the adoption and security of new technology
Jamie BroadbentHead of Digital & Innovation
10:00 am - 10:40 am Retail Case Study: How David Jones is Reinventing the Department Store Concept
David Jones is undertaking a $200m refurbishment of its Sydney CBD Elizabeth St store which will transform its flagship into one of the world's most glamorous department stores. They are looking to create a world-class shopping destination by bringing the best brands and experiences together in one store across six key worlds and creating a truly unique shopper experience and these concepts can be applied to bank branches due to the changing consumer attitudes to retail.
In this Session…
- Developing a more experience based customer journey
- Utilising architectural aspects to reinforce consumer engagement
- Creating new retail formats and focusing on future developments
Nicholas CriticosHead of Store Design
10:40 am - 11:10 am Speed Networking
11:10 am - 11:40 am Morning Tea
11:40 am - 12:20 pm Spark New Zealand’s Retail Transformation into a Low Cost, High Volume Business that is Focused on Creating Human Centred experience
Spark New Zealand’s Retail journey of transitioning from a traditional telecommunications channel to an agile business focused on customers with more flagship stores openings and closing down franchises to create a lower cost yet consistent omnichannel customer experience. They are focused on empowering their employees and set targets based on customer servicing, embedding a CX culture throughout every touchpoint.
This Session will Talk About:
· Revaluating the business model the use of franchises and reclaiming ownership for a digital world and changing customer expectations
· Focusing on collecting, managing and integrating data sources to gain a holistic view of consumers for personalisation
· Putting people at the heart of all services and transactions, leading to productivity boosts and a greater employee culture
· Development in different channels and models to create a seamless experience between sales and service
12:20 pm - 1:00 pm How CUA is Optimising Branches and Leveraging digital channels to Support the Human Experience
Australia’s largest credit union, CUA, is delivering the foundations of a considerable and clear vision to most effectively leverage technology to consistently improve its member experience. A targeted branch footprint in some of Australia’s largest growth areas plays a key role within this vision, as does the Australian first messaging app ‘iM CUA’, which allows members to connect with their own personal advisor anywhere, anytime.
This Session will Focus on:
- Meeting modern customer expectations through the convenience of innovative technology with a human touch
- Pioneering the ‘branch of the future’ with community hubs designed to build deeper relationships with communities and drive profitability and foot traffic
- Evolving contact centres to be fit for future needs and contributing to be a seamless channel experience
Nicola LambieHead of Sales and Transformation
Credit Union Australia
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch Break
2:00 pm - 2:40 pm Bendigo and Adelaide Bank’s Continued Commitment to Local Communities Through Using Digital to Enhance CX and Return Foot Traffic
Bendigo and Adelaide has a unique banking model of community banking which perhaps goes against the grain of competitiors by focusing and investing more in branches. The challenge is reinventing themselves in community banking and differentiating themselves to attract more people as they are committed to to staying in and resonating with remote and local areas.
This session will talk about:
- Integrating digital transformation into strategy to deliver a personalised branch experience
- Gaining visibility of individual customer journeys to provide buying paths to measure success of overall relationship
- Meeting expectations by remaining flexible and sophisticated to increase both customer satisfaction and economic value
- Helping to educate the community on digital banking opportunities to enable self service but enabling human interaction when needed
Nick CarterHead of Consumer Banking and Local Connection
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank
2:40 pm - 3:20 pm How Westpac is Catering to a Diverse Demographic Using Personalised Experiences
There are many ways that a branch can be designed and formatted which is increasingly targeted based on geography and tailored to the customer. Customising channels, products and services according to the needs and demographics of the consumer will lead to delivering seamless and personalised experience.
- Considering the demographic, economic and social characteristics to provide the best financial services in line with customer demands
- Ensuring staff are trained and aware of the subtle differences in providing the best service
- Exploring the challenge of appealing to Baby Boomers, Millenials and the next generation
Session reserved for:
Rachel WinderHead of Property Services
Westpac New Zealand Limited
3:20 pm - 3:50 pm Afternoon Tea
3:50 pm - 4:30 pm How Bank Australia is Evolving it’s Distribution Strategy with the Customer Experience in Mind
The evolution of the online led Distribution Strategy at Bank Australia is changing the way they do business to benefit the customer and provide further reach in the communities in which Bank Australia operates.
In this Session…
- Optimizing the distribution network, making it more efficient and customized to customer needs
- Revising customer journeys and optimizing the customer experience to a target cost structure
- Developing the branch channel for relevant products and services and delivering value for in branch interactions
Richard IrvingHead of Distribution
4:30 pm - 5:10 pm Champagne Roundtable
This is your chance to make your conference experience truly interactive and collaborative. The IDG is set in a roundtable format and will be facilitated by an expert practitioner in the space.
Roundtable: Implementing an Omnichannel Strategy to Synchronise Revenue Streams and Develop a Consistent Customer Experience