Pre-Conference Workshops: Tuesday, 30 July 2019
9:00 am - 11:30 am Creating a Purpose Driven and Customer Focused Culture as the Foundation of Any Service Design Transformation
Often new technology and systems can be used as a band aid to solve internal people and process challenges. This workshop will explore why this can be a damaging decision and how the foundation of internal staff confidence and engagement will ensure improved outcomes for further initiatives and ultimately customer satisfaction.
- How to strengthen internal culture by:
- Driving communication skills and confidence
- Creating interactive engagement for the team to be included in transformation decisions
- Promoting the team as a foundational resource across the entire organisation
- Exploring the initial pressures and challenges, but also how it will ensure improved outcomes further down the transformation journey
- Investigating what strategies can best be attributed to your unique challenges in improving internal culture
Alyce HigginsManager Customer Service
City of Perth
12:00 pm - 3:30 pm Visual Clarity in a World of Complexity: Strengthening Communication and Service Delivery Channels Through Design
In the business of designing services in government, we are faced with ambiguity, uncertainty and complexity. The best way to share and give clarity around processes, ideas and stories of customer experience, is to draw them out and make the invisible, visible.
Through visualisation, we activate a different part of the brain than when we think with words. This workshop focuses on design tools and techniques to visualise ideas, processes and gain empathy for end users. The practical skills you will gain in this workshop will help you to provide visual clarity in discovery, prototyping and ideation to ensure you can deliver the best
- Capturing information and building your visual vocabulary
- Visual storyboarding for empathy/visual idea canvas/ basic prototypes for early testing
- How this can be utilised internally during the design phase of services and create improved experiences for customers
This workshop is ideal for anyone who would like some basic visual skills to be able to needs capture and express concepts quickly and in an engaging way. No previous sketching skills or knowledge are needed. The techniques I will teach you will provide you with a valuable communication tool to add to your skillset.
Belinda HoggLead Designer, Health Design Lab
Australian Government Department of Health