Conference Day One: Wednesday, 31 July 2019
Sunday, July 21st, 2019
2:20 PM PANEL: Exploring the Concept of Ownership for Service Design and Internal Delivery Standards
Service Design is an increasingly vital feature in the success of an organisation/department and needs to keep up with ongoing cultural and technological changes in society. Service design leaders and teams are being developed and introduced to drive effective research, testing, and implementation of new delivery practices – but who is accountable or responsible for maintaining and driving further innovation for service design after a transformation?
- Understanding who sits with simplicity data
- Exploring who is accountable for business improvement and how to pull the right resources
- Looking at SLA’s for solutions and the best approach to drive innovation
3:30 PM CASE STUDY: Releasing a Human-Centered Design App that Relieves Parking Access in the Community Using Machine Learning and AI
The ACT Governments Smart Parking program utilises real-time data to detect where parking spots are around the city. After 3 years of reflection and improvements they now have a proof of concept that uses machine learning to predict where parking spaces will be at certain time of the day in advance and aim to share this advancement later this year.
- Research findings for the human-centered design and how the app functions for everyone
- Exploring customer satisfaction outcomes and internal change management challenges: Looking at an agile approach
- Future-proofing: Looking to bring in local council and private multi-story parking