ATCO’s industry-leading Clean Energy Innovation Hub is a test bed for hybrid energy solutions, integrating natural gas, solar PV, battery storage and hydrogen production and storage. The Hub is providing valuable insights into how ATCO’s existing gas distribution infrastructure can continue to service consumers as part of the future energy mix, as well as developing new energy solutions which ATCO can offer our customers in the future.
In addition to viewing the Hub and seeing how it is generating and using clean hydrogen, visitors will take a tour through ATCO’s demonstration hybrid home, and view real-time data on how we are generating, storing and using various forms of energy.
Visitors will also have the opportunity to take in ATCO’s Six Seasons Garden, and see and hear how the business is paying respect to the traditional owners of the land, by acknowledging and celebrating the six seasons of the traditional Nyoongar calendar.
Tour break down:
- Six Seasons Garden - Demonstrating 60,000 years of culture and heritage and telling the story of local native vegetation and the role it plays in the six seasons, history and culture of the Nyoongar people
- ATCO Hybrid Home - Insights into a clean energy home of the future
- Clean Energy Innovation Hub - An insight into hydrogen powered microgrids and ATCO's integration of a green hydrogen plant
- Training centre - Introduction to the here and now, looking at technology capabilities currently available
- Networking lunch - Guests return to the Blue Flame Kitchen for a networking lunch
ATCO Gas Division Australia
General Manager Business Development
ATCO Gas Division