Conference Day 2
8:20 am - 8:50 am CHAIRPERSON’S WELCOME AND RECAP
8:30 am - 9:00 am PATENT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT (PPM)
- Tech-based organization
- Quality assurance
- Value extraction
- Pruning strategies
9:00 am - 9:30 am PATENT VS. TRADE SECRETS IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY
• Pros and cons of each IPR
• How to better protect a trade secret in a Global Economy
9:30 am - 10:00 am TRADE SECRETS AND DATA EXPLOITATION
This discussion will take place in the context of the current changes to the European legislation from an in-house lawyer’s
perspective, connecting this to questions of digitalisation, considering the increasing significance of data as a business asset. How
these changes have to be taken in account in global context? How to implement these changes to a company’s overall strategy?
10:00 am - 10:30 am Strategic IP Management and the Use of Tools
10:30 am - 11:00 am MORNING BREAK & NETWORKING
INDUSTRY DISCUSSION GROUPS – SESSION ONE:
11:00 am - 11:45 am INDUSTRY DISCUSSION GROUPS – SESSION ONE:
For the next 45 minutes you will have the opportunity to select from a
range of specific industry sectors, based on your own personal preferences. Please let us know what your preferred topic area
will be upon signing up to avoid disappointment!
10:45 am - 11:15 am Tullow’s Integrated Thermal Management System
Sharing Tullow’s ITMS innovation through an explanation of it’s benefits and potential applications outside of the Oil & Gas industry.
12:15 pm - 12:45 pm GAZPROM NEFT WORLDWIDE CASE LAW: TRADEMARKS PROTECTION IN RUSSIA
- Filing strategy in different regions
- Monitoring of the new trademark applications
- Counterfeit challenges in different regions
- Trademark law and practice in Russia
12:45 pm - 1:45 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:45 pm - 2:15 pm 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION: HOW THE RISE OF AI WILL AMPLIFY ITS IMPACT
- Outlining the trends of the 4th industrial revolution and the associated IP issues
- Taking advantage: Creating opportunities in every sector for innovative companies to become new market winners
- Managing the technical; revolution: Navigating the era of IP turbulence and rethinking the IP strategy to become a digital business
- Case study: Overview of Microsoft’s Azure IP Advantage Program
2:15 pm - 2:45 pm EXPANDING YOUR FINISHED PRODUCT OFFERING
• Management of current portfolio
• New products and new brands
• New marketing initiative (e.g. digital marketing)
• Counterfeiting issues
2:45 pm - 3:15 pm ANTI-COUNTERFEITING: HOW TO MAKE BEST USE OF ONLINE-ENFORCEMENT AND WHEN TO GO OFFLINE
In China Big Data has greatly improved the possibilities of the IPR-Owner, since it fuels anti-counterfeiting investigations of the enforcement Agencies. The IPR-Owner is required to effectively cooperate with both, the enforcement agencies and the internet platforms. In many cases The IPR-owner finds himself in a new role constantly looking for synergies.
• How can one maintain the interest of the enforcement agencies in one’s own anti-counterfeit cases alive?
• When does Big Data help?
• Internet platforms seem to have changed from a counterfeit-friendly to an IP-Owner friendly mode
• Fake sellings and their effects on the trial
3:15 pm - 3:45 pm YOUR BRAND IS SUDDENLY UNDER ATTACK - HOW DO YOU HANDLE THE CRISIS EFFICIENTLY?
Many brand owners and organisations are not prepared to handle serious incidents and events that may develop into a crisis. Get an
insight into how you prepare and efficiently handle such kind of events...
3:45 pm - 4:15 pm AFTERNOON BREAK & NETWORKING
4:15 pm - 4:45 pm BRINGING IP INTO YOUR BOARD’S FOCUS
Many IP managers face challenges in gaining the time & full attention of the top deciders of their companies. This session aims, based
on observations in large corporations, to generate a set of best practices that will allow you to bring the strategic importance of IP more centrally into the agenda of your management boards.
Following the closed doors workshop on Day 1, the results will now be presented to a wider audience, with a discussion of useful ideas & lessons learned.
4:45 pm - 5:45 pm MASTERCLASS SESSION: Global Patent Enforcement Challenges in 2018 and implications for your International Patent Filing Strategy
This interactive masterclass will engage in a comprehensive analysis of the current patent enforcement challenges that firms face in
global country clusters and explore the implications to firms of different sizes, patent portfolios, industries, and countries. Participants
will be exposed to a multifaceted perspective of global patent enforcement trends and use it to challenge and inform their decision