Conference Day Two
9:00 am - 9:15 am CHAIRPERSONS OPENING REMARKS AND DAY ONE RECAP
9:15 am - 9:45 am KEYNOTE: Optimising a Multinational IP Strategy
To ensure the continued efficacy of current IP portfolios, many companies implement Either in large companies, or SME’s, implementing a global IP strategy is essential within an ever more interconnected world.What systems can you develop internally to ensure a harmonious approach to IP?
Trina HaDirector of Legal
Intellectual Property Office of Singapore
9:45 am - 10:30 am PANEL DISCUSSION: Developing Sustainability Through Intellectual Property
- With the move towards global sustainability a priority, its important that the development and innovation of IP is capable of supporting this
- What are the current merits and shortcomings of global IP regimes within the paradigm of sustainability goals?
- How can we best ensure our impact on the environment is minimised through smart IP strategies?
Raluca RaduLegal Director
Sarah Norkor AnkuAttorney
Anku at Law
Andreas IwerbackDirector, Group IP Intelligence
11:00 am - 11:30 am MORNING BREAK & NETWORKING
11:30 am - 12:00 pm IP Access Into Emerging Markets
- Given the wide range of new options presented by the emerging markets, how can you position your IP portfolio to succeed?
- How has the intellectual property landscape matured over the last decade, and what are the opportunities associated?
- What are the risks that can potentially stifle investment and innovation, and how can you best avoid these?
Olivia BeckerSenior Vice President
Ocean Tomo International
12:00 pm - 12:30 pm Chinese IP & Litigation Trends – An Update of Developments
- How has the recent trade war affected the Chinese intellectual property landscape?
- To what extent can the Chinese market be described as having matured enough for external businesses?
- With an increasing number of infringements within this sector, how best can IP portfolios be protected when entering the market
Jeff LindsayGlobal Head of R&D and IP
12:30 pm - 1:30 pm NETWORKING LUNCH
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Optimising International Prosecution Strategies Using PPH
- How has the Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) helped reduce the time during patent applications using positive examinations from other patent offices?
- How can this be of benefit to industry looking to ensure protection is secured faster?
- What are the advantages PPH offers when looking to reduce costs?
Jan-Willem GoedmakersHead of IP
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Brand Protection Strategies For The Digital Age
- With the rise of technologies heating up, the ability to effectively protect IP and brands remains difficult.
- How can we utilise blockchain technology and AI assist to in brand protection strategies?
- Convergence of technologies like IoT for tracking and how this can assist in anti-counterfeiting
Jan de VisserBrand Protection, Senior Director
2:30 pm - 3:00 pm Strategising Approaches to IP Licensing
- Licensing your IP is a key means of ensuring continued commercial viability of a portfolio
- What are the challenges when looking to license a patent globally?
- How can you prepare your IP portfolio, prior to the licensing stage, to ensure you are prepared to handle the international challenge?
Fredrik EdmanHead of IP
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm AFTERNOON BREAK
3:30 pm - 4:30 pm Industry Focus Groups:
In this interactive session, you will have the opportunity to deep-dive in to one specific topic, discussing the specific strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats associated with approaches to the below scenarios
Table 1: Digital revolution, and the new IP protection strategy
Table 2: Multijurisdictional and global IP challenges
Table 3: Digital brand protection strategies
4:30 pm - 5:00 pm Live Chat Summary Session – IP in 2020
An opportunity to wind-down, reflect on learnings, create next-steps and follow up activities and consolidate learnings throughout the last two days.
This session will look at the tangible takeaways from today and the previous day, and call on your input to help form the basis for the post event report, to be shared with all attendees following the conference.