Conference Day One: Monday, 21 October 2019
Monday, October 21st, 2019
9:00 AM VISONARY PANEL: Reclaiming lost land: Identifying unique opportunities for island development to boost Middle East tourism and drive economic revenue
Over the past 15 years, land reclamation has been carried out all over the world for many different purposes, besides expansion, maritime ports and airports, land has also been created for housing projects, tourism and waterfront development.
We have seen a number of island project arise from the Middle East region such as the Palm Jumeirah, Deira Islands, The world, Yas Island and many more but what is next?
Key question: What’s in store for the Middle East in terms of island and waterfront development?
In this session, we will:
- Highlight successful island and waterfront development projects in the GCC
- Discuss upcoming island and reclamation land projects in the Middle East and opportunities for development
- How island development can contribute to tourism and entertainment GCC visions
- Identify what we can learn from international countries
11:20 AM INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION: Islands of entertainment - Creating all inclusive destination islands to attract millions of visitors a year and boost economic revenue
Key question: What are the key considerations in developing a world-class island resort in the Middle East to attract international visitors to the region?
In this session, we will examine:
- Why hotels partnerships are a key component of the worlds leading island resorts
- The importance of partnering with airlines, retail outlets, entertainment and restaurants to create an all inclusive experience
- How to create a single, integrated and unified experience across retail outlets, car parks, dining and attractions to increase ROI and visitor experience of the island
- How to drive visitor attraction by offering a diverse range of entertainment options that ensures they never want to leave the resort
Conference Day Two: Tuesday, 22 October 2019
Tuesday, October 22nd, 2019
10:20 AM REGIONAL PRESENTATION: Project case study insight - Revitalising the waterfront - Top 7 rules of a great waterfront destination
Waterfront developments if designed effectively can revitalise a city and become a great hotspot for visitors and tourists alike. This exclusive presentation will give a sneak peak of the regional and international waterfront projects as well as highlight upcoming projects in the Middle East.
Senior leadership will:
- Explore the pros and cons of a waterside developments
- Highlight a strategic waterfront development planning approach
- Identifying the top 7 rules of a great waterfront destination and how this can impact the region