Conference Day One: Monday, 21 October 2019
Monday, October 21st, 2019
10:00 AM REGIONAL INSIGHT: Master plan challenges and design considerations for the development of artificial islands
With some of the most ambitious upcoming projects being developed, the challenge remains - how do we navigate to achieve innovative designs, high quality construction and on-time delivery? In order to achieve successful island project completion it is essential a vision is established at the beginning of project to ensure all stakeholders are moving in the same direction and costly failures are avoided.
This panel discussion will bring the stakeholders involved in taking the next leap in island development to discuss their expectations and vision and what they believe should be key considerations in upcoming island development master plans
Senior leadership will:
- Uncover master plan challenges in designing artificial islands and how to avoid a costly nightmare
- Identify key considerations to increase the life span of islands within the design and build stage
- Demonstrate how to meet the high quality and safety standards to design and develop artificial islands within short timeframes
11:20 AM INTERACTIVE PANEL DISCUSSION: Islands of entertainment - Creating all inclusive destination islands to attract millions of visitors a year and boost economic revenue
Key question: What are the key considerations in developing a world-class island resort in the Middle East to attract international visitors to the region?
In this session, we will examine:
- Why hotels partnerships are a key component of the worlds leading island resorts
- The importance of partnering with airlines, retail outlets, entertainment and restaurants to create an all inclusive experience
- How to create a single, integrated and unified experience across retail outlets, car parks, dining and attractions to increase ROI and visitor experience of the island
- How to drive visitor attraction by offering a diverse range of entertainment options that ensures they never want to leave the resort